xp cd writing wizard

I am using xp pro with sp2. the write to cd option is not available in
picture tasks. Is there a way to restore it without doing a new install or
repair?

Offhand I do not know if there are any specific issues regarding this
feature and SP2 or if there are any common problems. First we can start
with the basics. Has this feature ever appeared? When exactly did you quit
seeing it? Did it happen after installing SP2 or did you always have SP2 on
this computer? Is your CD writer working correctly? Did you test it
otherwise? Is the "copy to CD feature showing up anywhere else on the
computer (such as when you right click on a file and select send to CD
drive?) What other CD copying software do you have installed on the
computer.

Sorry for all the questions but they may help narrow down the problem until
someone comes out with the direct answer.

Oh yeah... also try this...

**Open the explorer window to get a list of all your folders and devices
**Right click on your writing drive and click properties
**On the auto play tab make sure "prompt me each time to choose an action is
checked
**Also check the recording tab to make sure "enable CD recording on this
drive" is checked.

--
http://www.americantechie.com

"rimrider" <rimrider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using xp pro with sp2. the write to cd option is not available in
> picture tasks. Is there a way to restore it without doing a new install or
> repair?

rimrider