Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 Wont Start (Read MORE!)

Last response: in Windows 7
September 25, 2012 3:41:07 PM

My windows 7 home premium was working fine yesterday then there started to be a low memory (RAM) notification while I was playing a game so I quit the game and restarted it and got it again and restarted the game again and then it didn't come back up after I turned on gamebooster. A few hours later in my game i could not use my mouse. i could not look anywhere, aim, shoot, etc. but my keyboard worked fine. So i go to exit out of my game and my game just goes black screen. i press ctrl alt delete, nothing...i tried the windows button but still nothing. i pressed alt esc and alt f4 and nothing. so i press (Not Hold) the power button on my computer. and it safely closes everything and eventually shuts down. When i turn it back on it starts to load fine. but when i get past the screen that says Press esc for boot menu press f10 for set up, it loads something, then says zjhvr compressed. Press ctrl alt delete to restart, and it just starts a constant loop of that. So i tried restoring to a earlier point in time from my win7 home premium disc. and it doesnt give me the option to repair my computer, it just gives me the option to install windows 7 home premium again. is there a way to fix this without losing data? If there isnt that would be fine too.

My computer specs. (If needed)

Intel Core 2 Duo

Nvidia GeForce 315

2.5 GB Ram

40 gb 7200 rpm Hard Drive
a c 205 $ Windows 7
September 25, 2012 3:48:51 PM

zjhvr compressed ???
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 25, 2012 3:54:10 PM

Could be a RAM issue, in BIOS do you have a memory test option? If not, and you have more than one stick of RAM try running on one at a time. If you have access to another PC it is possible to recover your data by setting up Ubuntu on a SB storage device and booting from it. Alternatively, if your Installation disk lets you get as far as 'Where do you want to install Windows' you could create a new partition and install there, tho with only 40Gb you probably won't have the space. Another possibility is your HDD failing, hence the strange compression error...
m
l
Related resources
September 25, 2012 8:31:04 PM

rgd1101 said:
zjhvr compressed ???

i know right. probably a damn virus or something.
m
l
September 25, 2012 8:31:50 PM

dodger46 said:
Could be a RAM issue, in BIOS do you have a memory test option? If not, and you have more than one stick of RAM try running on one at a time. If you have access to another PC it is possible to recover your data by setting up Ubuntu on a SB storage device and booting from it. Alternatively, if your Installation disk lets you get as far as 'Where do you want to install Windows' you could create a new partition and install there, tho with only 40Gb you probably won't have the space. Another possibility is your HDD failing, hence the strange compression error...

well its not really an error but im just reformatting my harddrive because all important stuff is on an external hard drive
m
l
!