Closed Solved

Where is the dell dimension 8200 radio button located?

I am trying to enable wireless networking on my Dell Dimension 8200 PC. The LinkSys WRTG54S wireless router has a setup program. I tried to install it, and it asked me to turn on the radio button on the Dell. Do I have a radio button and where is it located, if anyone knows. Help is greatly appreciated.

Also, do I have to go into my router program and make changes to settings? How do I enable the router to be an access point? Or is that necessary?.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about where dell dimension 8200 radio button located
  1. Best answer
    If you simply want to make the Dell wireless:
    Connect the modem to the router
    Plug your wireless adapter to your Dell
    Install the adapter's software on the Dell
    Search for available networks
  2. ouiglz said:
    it asked me to turn on the radio button on the Dell. Do I have a radio button and where is it located
    Radio buttons are 'choice boxes' in software. You can turn on / turn off features by choosing between the options.
    example of Radio Buttons:
    http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8216/s026.th.jpg

Good chance the the options you need are in the Networking options in Control Panel.

Did you install a wireless card or dongle in your desktop PC?
    Follow the setup instructions that came with your router.
  3. thanks for your responses to my problem. However, I think I am rethinking the wireless route and just going to stay wired because a friend of mine said that wireless would slow my computer's performance way, way down.
  4. I think your friend is misguided. You can ahieve just as high of connection speed wireless, as you can wired to the modem.
  5. Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
  6. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Dell Radio Dimension Computers