Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Where is the dell dimension 8200 radio button located?

Last response: in Computer Brands
January 1, 2010 8:09:09 PM

I am trying to enable wireless networking on my Dell Dimension 8200 PC. The LinkSys WRTG54S wireless router has a setup program. I tried to install it, and it asked me to turn on the radio button on the Dell. Do I have a radio button and where is it located, if anyone knows. Help is greatly appreciated.

Also, do I have to go into my router program and make changes to settings? How do I enable the router to be an access point? Or is that necessary?.

Best solution

January 2, 2010 10:24:03 AM

If you simply want to make the Dell wireless:
Connect the modem to the router
Plug your wireless adapter to your Dell
Install the adapter's software on the Dell
Search for available networks
January 2, 2010 1:00:20 PM

ouiglz said:
it asked me to turn on the radio button on the Dell. Do I have a radio button and where is it located
Radio buttons are 'choice boxes' in software. You can turn on / turn off features by choosing between the options.
example of Radio Buttons:

Good chance the the options you need are in the Networking options in Control Panel.

Did you install a wireless card or dongle in your desktop PC?
Follow the setup instructions that came with your router.
Score
Related resources
January 2, 2010 7:33:47 PM

thanks for your responses to my problem. However, I think I am rethinking the wireless route and just going to stay wired because a friend of mine said that wireless would slow my computer's performance way, way down.
Score
January 2, 2010 7:45:22 PM

I think your friend is misguided. You can ahieve just as high of connection speed wireless, as you can wired to the modem.

Score
January 28, 2012 2:18:23 PM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
Score
January 28, 2012 2:18:25 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!