Desktop icons

Every time I boot up the computer all the desktop Icons I have seem to have
to be turned on. Thery are all there but all of them are all faded out and
not colored up like they should be. It only takes about 10 seconds to get
them all "colored" up and looking like they should but has anyone any idea
what is causing this ? Thanks

Redwagon....

what are your system specs? cpu, ram, hdd, etc... how up to date is
your windows install?? but it sounds to me like there are a few
programs running at startup that are not necessary. use the utility
"msconfig" (start, run, & type msconfig) go to the startup tab, and
clear out some of the startup programs. delete all of your temporary
files, download adaware, update it, and then scan the computer for
spyware. hope that this helps!