Keeping user screen resolution

July 21, 2005 11:35:03 PM

There are 4 people, and 4 seperate user profiles on this computer. I like my
resolution at 1024x768, and someone else likes it at 800x600. When I set
mine, and switch users, it keeps it for all the other users, and visa-versa.
Is there a way that we can all have our own screen resolutions?
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 2:40:34 AM

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:35:03 -0700, Chris wrote:

> There are 4 people, and 4 seperate user profiles on this computer. I like my
> resolution at 1024x768, and someone else likes it at 800x600. When I set
> mine, and switch users, it keeps it for all the other users, and visa-versa.
> Is there a way that we can all have our own screen resolutions?

"Keep User Display Settings" by MVP Doug Knox:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_userdisplay.htm
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:40:34 -0500, Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org>
wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:35:03 -0700, Chris wrote:
>
>> There are 4 people, and 4 seperate user profiles on this computer. I like my
>> resolution at 1024x768, and someone else likes it at 800x600. When I set
>> mine, and switch users, it keeps it for all the other users, and visa-versa.
>> Is there a way that we can all have our own screen resolutions?
>
>"Keep User Display Settings" by MVP Doug Knox:
>http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_userdisplay.htm

How about if you have a Windows 2000 computer? This utility is for XP.

Thanks.

Sam
--
"We have met the enemy, and he is us" -- Pogo (1970)
Anonymous

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:58:11 -0700, Sam wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:40:34 -0500, Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org>
> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:35:03 -0700, Chris wrote:
>>
>>> There are 4 people, and 4 seperate user profiles on this computer. I like my
>>> resolution at 1024x768, and someone else likes it at 800x600. When I set
>>> mine, and switch users, it keeps it for all the other users, and visa-versa.
>>> Is there a way that we can all have our own screen resolutions?
>>
>>"Keep User Display Settings" by MVP Doug Knox:
>>http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_userdisplay.htm
>
> How about if you have a Windows 2000 computer? This utility is for XP.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sam

Don't know, Sam. Have never used Win2000. Doug has another other tool that
works in Win2000 but does not save settings on a per user basis. It works
more like the old Power Toys QuickRes:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_quickres.htm

--
Sharon F