Keeping user screen resolution

There are 4 people, and 4 seperate user profiles on this computer. I like my
resolution at 1024x768, and someone else likes it at 800x600. When I set
mine, and switch users, it keeps it for all the other users, and visa-versa.
Is there a way that we can all have our own screen resolutions?
3 answers Last reply
More about keeping user screen resolution

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:35:03 -0700, Chris wrote:

    > There are 4 people, and 4 seperate user profiles on this computer. I like my
    > resolution at 1024x768, and someone else likes it at 800x600. When I set
    > mine, and switch users, it keeps it for all the other users, and visa-versa.
    > Is there a way that we can all have our own screen resolutions?

    "Keep User Display Settings" by MVP Doug Knox:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_userdisplay.htm
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:40:34 -0500, Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:35:03 -0700, Chris wrote:
    >
    >> There are 4 people, and 4 seperate user profiles on this computer. I like my
    >> resolution at 1024x768, and someone else likes it at 800x600. When I set
    >> mine, and switch users, it keeps it for all the other users, and visa-versa.
    >> Is there a way that we can all have our own screen resolutions?
    >
    >"Keep User Display Settings" by MVP Doug Knox:
    >http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_userdisplay.htm

    How about if you have a Windows 2000 computer? This utility is for XP.

    Thanks.

    Sam
    --
    "We have met the enemy, and he is us" -- Pogo (1970)

    On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:58:11 -0700, Sam wrote:

    > On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:40:34 -0500, Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:35:03 -0700, Chris wrote:
    >>
    >>> There are 4 people, and 4 seperate user profiles on this computer. I like my
    >>> resolution at 1024x768, and someone else likes it at 800x600. When I set
    >>> mine, and switch users, it keeps it for all the other users, and visa-versa.
    >>> Is there a way that we can all have our own screen resolutions?
    >>
    >>"Keep User Display Settings" by MVP Doug Knox:
    >>http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_userdisplay.htm
    >
    > How about if you have a Windows 2000 computer? This utility is for XP.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Sam

    Don't know, Sam. Have never used Win2000. Doug has another other tool that
    works in Win2000 but does not save settings on a per user basis. It works
    more like the old Power Toys QuickRes:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_quickres.htm

    --
    Sharon F