How can I get rid of Spider Solitare?

My wife wants me to get rid of spider solitaire on her computer. She seems to
have become addicted to it, and just wants it off. Anyway, I tried renaming it,
deleting it, but it just kept popping back. Is there any way to get rid of it?
What if I were to open it up in a text editor and delete a few lines, so it
would be corrupt and not run? Would that mess anything else up? Or would it just
renew itself?
Thanks,
-plh

--
I keep hitting "Esc" -- but I'm still here!
6 answers Last reply

    It's easy, do it this way - go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs,
    Add/Remove Windows Components, Accessories and Utilities, select
    Details, select Games, then Details. Remove the tick mark from Spider
    Solitaire to uninstall it.

    plh wrote:
    > My wife wants me to get rid of spider solitaire on her computer. She seems to
    > have become addicted to it, and just wants it off. Anyway, I tried renaming it,
    > deleting it, but it just kept popping back. Is there any way to get rid of it?
    > What if I were to open it up in a text editor and delete a few lines, so it
    > would be corrupt and not run? Would that mess anything else up? Or would it just
    > renew itself?
    > Thanks,
    > -plh

    Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs/Add or Remove Windows Components/
    select Accessories and Utilities, click Details/select Games, click
    details/ untick Spider Solitaire and click OK, she'll thannk you for
    using this forum....JRA

    Open Control Panel|Add or Remove Programs|Add or Remove Windows
    Components|Select Accessories and Utilities |Details|Select
    Games|Details|Uncheck the box against Spider Solitaire|Ok

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    plh wrote:

    > My wife wants me to get rid of spider solitaire on her computer. She seems to
    > have become addicted to it, and just wants it off. Anyway, I tried renaming it,
    > deleting it, but it just kept popping back. Is there any way to get rid of it?
    > What if I were to open it up in a text editor and delete a few lines, so it
    > would be corrupt and not run? Would that mess anything else up? Or would it just
    > renew itself?
    > Thanks,
    > -plh

    Thanks guys, that did it!

    In article <ON881RnjFHA.1968@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, S.Sengupta says...

    --
    I keep hitting "Esc" -- but I'm still here!

    Of course, if she starts jonesing, she can always reinstall it ...

    --
    Alias

    "plh" <plh_member@newsguy.com> wrote

    > Thanks guys, that did it!
    >
    > In article <ON881RnjFHA.1968@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, S.Sengupta says...
    >>
    >>Open Control Panel|Add or Remove Programs|Add or Remove Windows
    >>Components|Select Accessories and Utilities |Details|Select
    >>Games|Details|Uncheck the box against Spider Solitaire|Ok
    >>
    >>regards,
    >>ssg MS-MVP
    >>

    >>plh wrote:
    >>
    >>> My wife wants me to get rid of spider solitaire on her computer. She
    >>> seems to
    >>>have become addicted to it, and just wants it off. Anyway, I tried
    >>>renaming it,
    >>>deleting it, but it just kept popping back. Is there any way to get rid
    >>>of it?
    >>> What if I were to open it up in a text editor and delete a few lines, so
    >>> it
    >>>would be corrupt and not run? Would that mess anything else up? Or would
    >>>it just
    >>> renew itself?
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> -plh
    >>>

    > --
    > I keep hitting "Esc" -- but I'm still here!

    I'll never tell!

    In article <Oe37xyqjFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>, Alias"
    <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> says...

    >Of course, if she starts jonesing, she can always reinstall it ...
    >
    >--
    >Alias
    >
    >Use the Reply to Sender feature of your news reader program to email me.
    >Utiliza Responder al Remitente para mandarme un mail.
    >
    >"plh" <plh_member@newsguy.com> wrote
    >
    >> Thanks guys, that did it!
    >>
    >> In article <ON881RnjFHA.1968@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, S.Sengupta says...
    >>>
    >>>Open Control Panel|Add or Remove Programs|Add or Remove Windows
    >>>Components|Select Accessories and Utilities |Details|Select
    >>>Games|Details|Uncheck the box against Spider Solitaire|Ok
    >>>
    >>>regards,
    >>>ssg MS-MVP

    >> --
    >> I keep hitting "Esc" -- but I'm still here!

    --
    I keep hitting "Esc" -- but I'm still here!

Microsoft Windows XP