My PC Specs are:

Gigabyte GA-D3H-Z77 Motherboard
Gigabyte 2GB GTX 670 Graphics Card
Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) RAM
Intel i7 3770k processor
Noctua NH-D14 fan
Corsair 650W PSU
Lexa S Case

It turns out, I have had 3 Blue Screen of Death error messages.

I downloaded BlueScreenViewer, to find out what they were.

Here is a screenshot of the 3 error messages (which have occurred recently), and it tells you what driver/address it is being caused by. (click to zoom)

So they are:

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
BAD_POOL_HEADER
SYSTEM_SERVICE EXCEPTION

Could anyone tell me what to do in order to resolve this issue?

I really appreciate your time for even reading this, and would be very greatful for your help.

P.S, I custom built my PC, it's about 3 months old at the most.
a c 228 $ Windows 7
September 25, 2012 7:15:52 PM

Looks like ram to me. Get a copy of memtest86+ and run it for a few passes and see if it shows any errors.

http://memtest.org/
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 25, 2012 7:18:57 PM

Are you running your ram at the correct timings, speed and voltage?

Have you tested your memory?
m
l
Related resources
September 25, 2012 7:27:52 PM

Go in bios and set everything to optimized settings (usually F5), save settings and exit(usually F10). If it boots go back into bios and set your RAM to what ever you have it set at now. If it doesn't boot after changing the RAM, there's your issue.

You can always try reseating your mem sticks first. remember to ground yourself first.
m
l
September 25, 2012 7:31:52 PM

geekapproved said:
Are you running your ram at the correct timings, speed and voltage?

Have you tested your memory?

I have used my PC for months, I haven't changed any of the settings, so I'm assuming they're at the right settings, also, a note to make is that the crashes happen 1 hour after my PC is on
m
l
a c 228 $ Windows 7
September 25, 2012 7:34:53 PM

Not all memory gets used all the time. Your computer can run for a long time before a bad memory cell tries to get used and fails. Run memtest.
m
l
September 25, 2012 7:42:13 PM

morbious81 said:
Go in bios and set everything to optimized settings (usually F5), save settings and exit(usually F10). If it boots go back into bios and set your RAM to what ever you have it set at now. If it doesn't boot after changing the RAM, there's your issue.

You can always try reseating your mem sticks first. remember to ground yourself first.

I restored the DEFAULTS in my BIOS, it was apparent that nothing really changed.
I have no previous recollection of changing any settings anyway.
m
l
September 25, 2012 7:56:32 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
Not all memory gets used all the time. Your computer can run for a long time before a bad memory cell tries to get used and fails. Run memtest.

Downloading it onto a disk soon!
m
l
September 25, 2012 8:16:00 PM

I am having trouble trying to install memtest, my WINZIP expired.. what do I do O:
m
l
September 25, 2012 8:47:02 PM

Okay guys, I'm really struggling to install memtest, I can't unzip the file or anything, because my winZIP free trial has expired, what do I do?
I saw in another video, a guy opened it and extrated it via Windows Explorer, but I can't seem to get that option :l
m
l
September 25, 2012 9:01:15 PM

Well I have this from BlueScreenViewer, I can't install Memtest, it's really frustrating -.-
m
l
September 25, 2012 9:16:17 PM

Download Whocrashed and copy/paste conclusion.

It looks as thought to be bad RAM though.

Memtest86 .iso HERE.

Test one modul at a time...

You're welcome and good luck.
m
l
September 25, 2012 9:36:41 PM

On Wed 26/09/2012 21:24:10 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\092612-18907-02.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x70040)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA80050A8790, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 26/09/2012 21:24:10 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k!memset+0x16D8)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 26/09/2012 18:55:15 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\092612-18907-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41284, 0xFFFFF704401FC001, 0x5D14E80, 0xFFFFF70001080000)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 26/09/2012 18:24:30 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\092612-26769-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x21, 0xFFFFF900C2225000, 0x1B60, 0x581B60)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

On Wed 26/09/2012 17:12:57 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\092612-21684-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA80050A8700, 0xFFFF, 0x0)

On Wed 26/09/2012 16:23:21 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\092612-15927-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002FFE90D, 0xFFFFF880074D0FA0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Wed 26/09/2012 11:05:01 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\092612-14492-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80003167CC2, 0xFFFFF88003D83B30, 0x0)
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Wed 26/09/2012 11:03:30 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\092612-16395-01.dmp

On Thu 21/06/2012 14:53:31 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\062112-15459-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x3, 0xFFFFF80003010EF0, 0xFFFFF80003010AF0, 0xFFFFF80003010AF0)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

On Thu 21/06/2012 14:49:03 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\062112-17877-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x12903)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA8008147028, 0xBE200000, 0x5110A)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 21/06/2012 14:35:53 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\062112-18595-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x44 (0xFFFFFA8009CEA820, 0xEAE, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS
Bug check description: This indicates that a driver has tried to requested an IRP be completed that is already complete.

On Sun 17/06/2012 22:22:34 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\061712-15475-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x411, 0xFFFFF680000F2038, 0x8800, 0xFFFFF68000000003)
m
l
September 25, 2012 9:41:46 PM

RussK1 said:

Memtest86 .iso HERE.

Secondly, I have downloaded memtest (the link you provided) but I am in the same situation again. It says it's a winZIP file, and when I open it, it says that my trial has expired.. what do I do after I downloaded memtest in my scenario?
m
l
September 25, 2012 9:57:08 PM

RussK1 said:

Memtest86 .iso HERE.

Well I got hold of WinZIP again, BUT I can't open the file and it's really ... *****

Really annoying I don't know how to make this file run omg.. please help It's really.. I can't express how annoyed I am I've ... been trying to get this ... program working for 3 hours and still....... I'm really annoyed.. lol

Even on WinZIP I can't open it when I press extract, or double click it, What am I supposed to do? ?!?!?!?!? :( 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 25, 2012 10:00:31 PM

reading into BSOD's is rubbish dont bother

memtest
hdtune
prime95
furmark

if they all pass, reinstall windows fresh
m
l
September 25, 2012 10:05:59 PM

jediarron said:
Well I got hold of WinZIP again, BUT I can't open the file and it's really ... *****

Really annoying I don't know how to make this file run omg.. please help It's really.. I can't express how annoyed I am I've ... been trying to get this ... program working for 3 hours and still....... I'm really annoyed.. lol

Even on WinZIP I can't open it when I press extract, or double click it, What am I supposed to do? ?!?!?!?!? :( 

It's a pre-built .iso... I don't have winzip, 7-zip, etc and it works fine on my machine. Just click on the .zip file and extract it... Windows will do it for you. Once extracted you'll be prompted to burn to a disk image.

Here I put it in my MediaFire for you:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tpx2tc4w21wogxv
m
l
September 26, 2012 7:27:08 AM

apache_lives said:
reading into BSOD's is rubbish dont bother

memtest
hdtune
prime95
furmark

if they all pass, reinstall windows fresh

Will do, thanks for the heads up!
m
l
September 26, 2012 7:29:38 AM

RussK1 said:
It's a pre-built .iso... I don't have winzip, 7-zip, etc and it works fine on my machine. Just click on the .zip file and extract it... Windows will do it for you. Once extracted you'll be prompted to burn to a disk image.

Here I put it in my MediaFire for you:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tpx2tc4w21wogxv

Thank you good sir, I spent 4-5 hours last night trying to open it and install it first, THEN put it on the CD -_-

I will be running this later on and uploading the results at (4PM GMT) (11 EST)
m
l
September 26, 2012 7:38:02 AM

So I put Memtest onto a CD, and directed my PC to boot from the CD, it never does -.-
I just downloaded Prime95, will Youtube how to use the test and upload it later (this evening)
m
l
September 26, 2012 8:27:02 AM

jediarron said:
Hello guys

My PC Specs are:

Gigabyte GA-D3H-Z77 Motherboard
Gigabyte 2GB GTX 670 Graphics Card
Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) RAM
Intel i7 3770k processor
Noctua NH-D14 fan
Corsair 650W PSU
Lexa S Case

It turns out, I have had 3 Blue Screen of Death error messages.

I downloaded BlueScreenViewer, to find out what they were.

Here is a screenshot of the 3 error messages (which have occurred recently), and it tells you what driver/address it is being caused by. (click to zoom)

http://i46.tinypic.com/20hrs45.jpg

So they are:

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
BAD_POOL_HEADER
SYSTEM_SERVICE EXCEPTION

Could anyone tell me what to do in order to resolve this issue?

I really appreciate your time for even reading this, and would be very greatful for your help.

P.S, I custom built my PC, it's about 3 months old at the most.

Well, you must know the reason of BSOD. Blue screen appears when some file or the whole Windows crashes. If it is running fine after BSOD, I would suggest you to repair the Windows. If it has been crashed completely, you will have to put a fresh install of Windows. In fact, the fresh installation would be a great option. After that, put Avast! pro or MSE antivirus program on your computer.
m
l
a c 228 $ Windows 7
September 26, 2012 12:16:17 PM

jediarron said:
So I put Memtest onto a CD, and directed my PC to boot from the CD, it never does -.-
I just downloaded Prime95, will Youtube how to use the test and upload it later (this evening)

It's an ISO file, you can't just burn it to disk as a data file. An ISO file is an image of a disk. Most disk burning software has an option to burn ISO which recreates an original disk. If you put the disk in the drive and open it with explorer and see the ISO file on it, then you burned the disc incorrectly.
m
l
September 26, 2012 12:46:50 PM

I've gotta ask, because I haven't seen it asked yet. (If I missed it I apologize for my bad eyes.)
Have you installed any new hardware or software lately, like right before the BSOD's started?
Also I have to agree with an above poster, once this is ironed out put Avast on the machine. It’ll block out the nasty’s, and doesn't eat RAM like some other big name AV software.
If the RAM tests ok it sounds like you are in need of the dreaded re-install. It happens to the best.
Do you wave a Win7 system repair disk? In most cases that can save you from having to start from scratch. (It never hurts to do a fresh OS install when these things happen if you have your data backed up)
m
l
September 26, 2012 1:00:21 PM

Nothing like trying something simple.... Sometimes dust and stuff can really get into the ram slots/slots causing some weird issue.

Remove the ram sticks - Blow out any dust as needed, and re-seat/place your ram sticks back in. Test.

Try one stick (4gb only) See what happens. If it happens again, Remove that stick and use the other stick. See if it repeats. If it does not, You know one stick is bad. (it can happen)
m
l
September 26, 2012 2:49:00 PM

So I downloaded ISO Burner, and I still can't get it working.

But I will have some Prime95 Results up shortly :) 

Wait hang on a second, Prime 95 doesn't end. How long should I leave Prime95 running for? o.O
m
l
September 26, 2012 3:34:18 PM

jediarron said:
So I downloaded ISO Burner, and I still can't get it working.

But I will have some Prime95 Results up shortly :) 

Wait hang on a second, Prime 95 doesn't end. How long should I leave Prime95 running for? o.O

What are you using Prime95 for? I already BSOD's... that's a waste of time.

I gave you the .iso... burn the image to disk and boot from it. Go into bios and set boot priority to CD/DVD or during post select boot options and select the CD/DVD drive.
m
l
a c 228 $ Windows 7
September 26, 2012 4:06:21 PM

RussK1 said:
I gave you the .iso... burn the image to disk and boot from it. Go into bios and set boot priority to CD/DVD or during post select boot options and select the CD/DVD drive.

He said he has no way to unzip it. You linked to a zip file. The iso file is in the zip file.

@OP, Keep the ISO burner software. Download a copy of 7-Zip. It can extract normal zip files too.

http://www.7-zip.org/
m
l
September 26, 2012 4:20:42 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
He said he has no way to unzip it. You linked to a zip file. The iso file is in the zip file.

@OP, Keep the ISO burner software. Download a copy of 7-Zip. It can extract normal zip files too.

http://www.7-zip.org/

No, it has already been extracted (or unzipped) on my end and I uploaded the .ISO (ex: mt420.iso → NOT .zip). All that needs to be done is downloading it, clicking to run and follow the prompt to insert disk to burn the image. It's simple... Try it and you'll see what i'm talking about.

He's doing something wrong...
m
l
a c 228 $ Windows 7
September 26, 2012 4:29:24 PM

RussK1 said:
No, it has already been extracted (or unzipped) on my end and I uploaded the .ISO (ex: mt420.iso → NOT .zip). All that needs to be done is downloading it, clicking to run and follow the prompt to insert disk to burn the image. It's simple... Try it and you'll see what i'm talking about.

He's doing something wrong...

Ah, ok, I clicked on your first link which just pointed to memtest.org's download which is a .iso.zip file. Your second link is the iso.
m
l
September 26, 2012 5:01:20 PM

Hmmm okay guys, I have removed 1 out of 2 of my RAM sticks.

I recently got another SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSoD.

After turning my PC on for about 5 minutes after this BSoD, I got another one with a new message:

irql_not_less_or_equal

And before this I heard 4 printer like sounds (when printing) from my desktop... not sure if it's related or not.

I will see how long/if I crash with a RAM removed, if I don't then it was THAT RAM.

If I do, then my other RAM is located under my HUGE NOCTUA NH-D14 fan, which I actually would have to remove to get to the RAM, so instead I will just reinstall Windows 7, how does that sound?

(I am still having problems with memtest so I came up with this alternative)
m
l
September 26, 2012 5:03:42 PM

On Thu 27/09/2012 16:04:52 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x348, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002F36F3F)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

On Thu 27/09/2012 16:01:55 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\092712-14445-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002FFB0F7, 0xFFFFF8800624AD10, 0x0)
m
l
September 26, 2012 5:16:11 PM

What does the conclusion tell you ? (it's at the bottom of the analysis).
m
l
September 26, 2012 5:18:20 PM

morbious81 said:
I've gotta ask, because I haven't seen it asked yet. (If I missed it I apologize for my bad eyes.)
Have you installed any new hardware or software lately, like right before the BSOD's started?
Also I have to agree with an above poster, once this is ironed out put Avast on the machine. It’ll block out the nasty’s, and doesn't eat RAM like some other big name AV software.
If the RAM tests ok it sounds like you are in need of the dreaded re-install. It happens to the best.
Do you wave a Win7 system repair disk? In most cases that can save you from having to start from scratch. (It never hurts to do a fresh OS install when these things happen if you have your data backed up)

Hey, no new hardware.

I installed - FRAPS, BANDICAM for Software, maybe a day or 2 before it started
m
l
September 26, 2012 5:19:44 PM

RussK1 said:
What does the conclusion tell you ? (it's at the bottom of the analysis).

Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Consider configuring your system to produce a full memory dump for better analysis.
m
l
a c 228 $ Windows 7
September 26, 2012 5:19:52 PM

jediarron said:
Hmmm okay guys, I have removed 1 out of 2 of my RAM sticks.

I recently got another SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSoD.

After turning my PC on for about 5 minutes after this BSoD, I got another one with a new message:

irql_not_less_or_equal

And before this I heard 4 printer like sounds (when printing) from my desktop... not sure if it's related or not.

I will see how long/if I crash with a RAM removed, if I don't then it was THAT RAM.

If I do, then my other RAM is located under my HUGE NOCTUA NH-D14 fan, which I actually would have to remove to get to the RAM, so instead I will just reinstall Windows 7, how does that sound?

(I am still having problems with memtest so I came up with this alternative)

If the problem is indeed ram (which most likely is) then reinstalling windows will not help you. You need to remedy the ram situation first. Pulling out sticks of ram won't necessarily tell you if that ram is bad. Memtest is a better way. I thnk windows 7 also has a built in memory test. I've never used it, but I hear it's not as thorough as memtest.
m
l
September 26, 2012 5:38:45 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
If the problem is indeed ram (which most likely is) then reinstalling windows will not help you. You need to remedy the ram situation first. Pulling out sticks of ram won't necessarily tell you if that ram is bad. Memtest is a better way. I thnk windows 7 also has a built in memory test. I've never used it, but I hear it's not as thorough as memtest.

+1

Re-installing Windows is just a waste of time. By the conclusion of Whocrashed it looks as though it is hardware related... RAM needs to be removed. Perhaps remove a fan on the Nuctua?

And yes, Windows does have a memory diagnostic.
m
l
September 26, 2012 5:53:05 PM

Hmmm, so guys, what should I do? I pulled out 1 RAM stick, and I'm still going, but sometimes it takes a few hours for me to get BSoD
m
l
September 26, 2012 6:24:40 PM

Just done Windows Memory Diagnostic - The 1 RAM that was in there, had NO problems.
m
l
September 26, 2012 8:52:36 PM

Hi guys.

I used ISO burned to burn memtest to a blank CD disk, but I restarted my PC, booted from the disk, and it just loaded me up as normal.

When I got back on, opened the Disk (in my computer) and took a screenshot

Does this mean that the file isn't on the disk, even though I used ISO burner to put it on the disk? :S

Properties of this file 'that needs to be written to disk' (and is supposed to be memdsk)

Wow, so I just opened the contents of this file ... it's supposed to be memdsk, and this is what's actually inside the 'file'

m
l
September 26, 2012 10:33:06 PM

Here's what it should look like~

Windows explorer:

I even booted to it... took me all of 5 minutes to burn, verify and boot.
m
l
September 27, 2012 4:03:15 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH =(

Do you have Skype or/and TeamViewer Sir? -_-

Btw, I still have 1 RAM stick in, and my PC is yet to crash o.o
m
l
September 27, 2012 10:49:47 PM

SO I FINALLY INSTALLED IT, looked like I selected a file only within the folder, but I reinstalled it, and ISO burner volunteered to burn it as soon as I installed it, so I did it that way.

I ran it for 1-30-2hours

I let it run twice, and IT had 950,000 Errors and '1' pass.

Is there anyway I can get the results and copy and paste them?

I done the test with both RAM sticks in.

When I turned the PC on, my PC blue screened SERVICE_SYSTEM_EXCEPTION

Then I took the 'assumed faulty RAM' out again, and it's fine again.

Anyway I can copy and paste the results from a record?
m
l
September 28, 2012 7:07:25 AM

Ya it's almost definately the other RAM stick, haven't crashed with it being taken out to be honest!
m
l
a c 228 $ Windows 7
September 28, 2012 11:53:35 AM

No need to see the error report. The ram is bad. Most ram has a lifetime warranty. You should be able to RMA it and get a replacement.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 28, 2012 12:04:56 PM

Yep, RAM is clearly defective. Test each stick one at a time to figure out which one failed.
m
l
September 28, 2012 1:17:45 PM

[:russk1]

Congratulations! You are now on the road to recovery...pain in the behind I know but necessary.
m
l
September 29, 2012 2:42:00 AM

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I LOVE YOU GUYS.

Will be sending my RAM back, for a replacement on Monday, and I will keep you all updated.
m
l
October 6, 2012 8:28:45 PM

Thank you all very much, your help is much appreciated. My RAM sticks (under warranty, new ones) came today, and my PC is working great again. Thank you very much :) 
m
l
!