Server 2003 Perfect for Gaming

As an experiment I've been running Server 2003 as my workstation. So
far I'm loving it, after following the guide listed below game
performance as I've benchmarked it either ties or beats Windows XP
Professional.

Server to Workstation Guide: http://www.msfn.org/win2k3/

It also comes with a high security pack for Internet explorer which is
nice and has many high security options enabled by default. It also
doesn't pester you with MSN Spam or other annoying Microsoft Gimmicks.
I highly recommend it!

<hvatum@softhome.net> wrote in message
> As an experiment I've been running Server 2003 as my workstation. So
> far I'm loving it, after following the guide listed below game
> performance as I've benchmarked it either ties or beats Windows XP
> Professional.
>
> Server to Workstation Guide: http://www.msfn.org/win2k3/
>
> It also comes with a high security pack for Internet explorer which is
> nice and has many high security options enabled by default. It also
> doesn't pester you with MSN Spam or other annoying Microsoft Gimmicks.
> I highly recommend it!

A little too expensive for the average gamer :)

Kerry

Kerry Brown wrote:
> <hvatum@softhome.net> wrote in message
> > As an experiment I've been running Server 2003 as my workstation. So
> > far I'm loving it, after following the guide listed below game
> > performance as I've benchmarked it either ties or beats Windows XP
> > Professional.
> >
> > Server to Workstation Guide: http://www.msfn.org/win2k3/
> >
> > It also comes with a high security pack for Internet explorer which is
> > nice and has many high security options enabled by default. It also
> > doesn't pester you with MSN Spam or other annoying Microsoft Gimmicks.
> > I highly recommend it!
> >

> A little too expensive for the average gamer :)
>
> Kerry

Hehe, point taken ;).

Primarly I was surprised how similiar the various flavours of Windows
are - just a little tweaking turns a server into a full-blown desktop.
It also made me think how easy it would be for Microsoft to harden XP
and eventually Longhorn, but that's for another topic.