Sign in with
Your question

I need to move win 7 to other hds partition

Last response: in Windows 7
September 25, 2012 8:33:05 PM

Hello, i have windows 7 installed to hard drive that is getting bad so i need to move windows installation with all softwares to a another hard drive and on that other hard drives unallocated space or new partition so i dont lose all the data from other hard drive also.

1. image from whole win7 and that boot stuff
2. move it to another hds another partition whitout losing that spesific hard drives all data.

More about : move win hds partition

September 25, 2012 8:37:12 PM

forgot to mention i dont have empty dvds or cds so i need to use usb flash stick to boot recovery and those discs. i have 1 4gb usb stick, 1 external usb hard drive. and those two hard drives i want to use for moving it.
a b $ Windows 7
September 25, 2012 9:31:47 PM

You're not going to be able to accomplish what you want. You need to image you failing drive with software similar to Acronis, and put that image onto another drive. When you do this, the other drive will look the same - You won't be able to put the image to the unallocated area of the disk. You'll need to get another hard drive to do what you want.

You may need to think about backing up your data somewhere(external hard drive) so if you have a drive fail you won't lose all your data.

Be aware that if your hard drive is going bad, you may have some corruption on it already(which would get moved to the new drive), so maybe it's time to do a fresh install?
Related resources
September 26, 2012 2:36:45 AM

I agree with ss202sl. If you hard drive is going bad it's better to do fresh install than transferring the OS to another drive.

If you need to boot windows 7 installer from USB, check out the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool to make a bootable WIN7 usb installer.
September 27, 2012 6:05:15 AM

Try AOMEI Partition Assistant Home edition, and then connect on your destination disk and then use the "migrate OS" feature to migrate your OS to the new HDD, without reinstalling windows operating system.
!