G

Hello, I have a Magic Wan (hand scanner) and bought a micro SD card which came with an adapter. Call me new at this but what is the adapter for? And how do you delete pictures or anything scanned with the Magic Wand, from the micro card.

G

Micro SD is (as the name suggests) a mini version of a regular SD card. As some people own devices with slots for one or other type only, an adapter is useful.

Preferably delete stuff using the program which installed it -- but if not poss you are probably safe deleting using Windows Explorer/My Computer

Supe_

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Hello, I have a Magic Wan (hand scanner) and bought a micro SD card which came with an adapter. Call me new at this but what is the adapter for? And how do you delete pictures or anything scanned with the Magic Wand, from the micro card.
Hello scorpion18431, If I understand you correctly your Magic Wand uses the micro card, much as cell phones do. Little tiny thing isn't it?
Do you have a flash memory multi card reader on your computer or do you have an external USB flash memory reader? This is a USB Version: CLICK HERE.
That particular reader does have a micro reader slot. Some don't so you have that adapter to put the micro card in, which is usually SD size, just in case. All readers these days have an SD slot.

The way to delete anything scanned is fairly simple. If a program was included with the Magic Wand it should have a utility to deal with those files to save them and to clear the memory. If not then it looks like the scans are saved as .jpg so if you have a Windows machine you can view the jpgs in the Windows Photo Viewer or Photo Gallery where you have the option to save and delete. One of those programs should open up when you plug the card in or give you a popup to choose which program you want to view them in. If you have a Mac then iPhoto will do the same. Also when you plug the card in it will show up as a drive in your Windows Explorer or a new drive on your mac desktop and you can explore the files from there.
Hope this helps out.

G

Thank you for your answer, I know how to delete them from the computer once transferred, but like to delete them from the micro card

TRENDING THREADS