Multimedia Audio Controller - Device manager problem

In Device Manager, I have a yellow ! (exclamation mark) next to Multimedia
Audio Controller. How do I fix this? What driver does it want? My soundcard
puts out sound although I am having problems getting it to record at 24 bit,
192 sampling rate. Is this even soundcard related? Any help is appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about multimedia audio controller device manager problem

    Never mind, I got my motherboard CD, installed the driver and all is well.
    Although, I wonder why the soundcard that I'm using doesn't install this
    driver? The onboard soundcard, that I don't use, required the driver to get
    rid of the error. Anyone know the reason for that? Thanks.

    "Charles McGuyer" <terry@dactil.com> wrote in message
    > In Device Manager, I have a yellow ! (exclamation mark) next to Multimedia
    > Audio Controller. How do I fix this? What driver does it want? My
    > soundcard puts out sound although I am having problems getting it to
    > record at 24 bit, 192 sampling rate. Is this even soundcard related? Any
    > help is appreciated.

Device Manager Controller Multimedia Audio Sound Cards Windows XP