tankrd1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2005
I have 2 SATA SEGATE harddrive one 80gb and other 120gb. I just upgraded my system to AMD64 3500 and mobo A8V-E deluxe. I've ran some benchmark utility and it tells me that max transfer on my 80gb is 53mb/s and my 120gb came up with 3 mb/s. I've noticed that my whole system lags when i'm saving large files. Installing and decompressing take forever too. Can you guys tell me what could be wrong with my system. I have xp pro. On my mobo all setting for my sata drives are auto, and there is nothing else to set up.

tankrd1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2005
yeah, I've installed thr 4in1 drivers. I got the ones you told me to get anyway, and installed them, but nothing changed. second sata still runs slow

tankrd1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2005
The motherboard i have, has only 2 SATA ports, and both my harddrive are SATA, so i have no other options for hooking up my second harddrive. I've swapped the harddrive cables between the 2 sata ports, and it's always the 2nd port that's slow.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
That's VIA...

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

TRENDING THREADS