I downloaded a mahjong game from real arcade. a message said it was unable to
start this game as it could not find a valid graphics mode. and to check
drivers for video card, and for latest direct x. where do I check for the
video cards?

Hi,

this video card is a hardware device and should be part of your CPU. go to
www.nvidia.com and check out the latest products. You will need to purchase
one from there so that you can play your game.

consult ur game manuals which product is supported so that you can purchase
the right video card.
--
Regards
M. Rajesh

"curley_whirly" wrote:

> I downloaded a mahjong game from real arcade. a message said it was unable to
> start this game as it could not find a valid graphics mode. and to check
> drivers for video card, and for latest direct x. where do I check for the
> video cards?

Malke

M. Rajesh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this video card is a hardware device and should be part of your CPU.
> go to www.nvidia.com and check out the latest products. You will need
> to purchase one from there so that you can play your game.
>
> consult ur game manuals which product is supported so that you can
> purchase the right video card.

The OP has a video card or he wouldn't be able to run his computer. He
wasn't asking where to buy one. A "CPU" is the Central Processing Unit,
not the whole computer.

Quoting corrected since you are using the web interface and have quoted
the Original Poster's question below the signature line. Most
newsreaders strip that out.

> I downloaded a mahjong game from real arcade. a message said it was
>unable to start this game as it could not find a valid graphics mode.
>and to check drivers for video card, and for latest direct x. where
>do I check for the video cards?

To the OP:

To find out what video card you have installed, go to the System applet
in Control Panel and look in Device Manager under Display. Or run the
free Everest Home Edition which will give you a system inventory:
http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1

Once you know the make/model of your video device, get the latest
drivers by doing one of the following:

1. From the video card mftr.'s website; or
2. If the video is onboard (built into the motherboard), from the
motherboard mftr.'s website; or
3. If you have an OEM machine (HP, Sony, Dell, etc.) from the OEM's
website for your specific model computer.

Follow installations instructions which you will find on the website
where you downloaded the drivers.

If that still doesn't help, contact Real Arcade tech support for help
with their games.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

You are mistakenly using the term CPU. That is the processor, a Pentium chip
or whatever. It is not the box that has the motherboard, disk drives etc
inside it.

There are a couple of possibilities for the graphics- it can be on the
motherboard or an add on card. If it is on the motherboard it won't be too
powerful and may not be supported some game. You can check the booklets that
came with the computer to see what the graphics are. You can also right
click on the desktop, choose properties, settings, advanced and see what it
is- check it is supported and change any settings if needed by the game.
Some require certain resolutions or colour depths which seems to be the case
here- see what the game needs, check if it is an option and set manually if
available..