Need to change Windows 7 from 32bit to 64bit

I originally had Win7 , 64bit but then a tech friend ,FOR SOME REASON,reinstalled my system into Win7, 32bit. I have my Recovery disk for Win7,64 bit . I then did a EASY TRANSFER and saved the Recovery Win7,64bit to my files.
QUESTION:
***Can I now do a transfer from a 32bit TO 64bit , since I have the win7 64bit saved on my computer? :pt1cable:
**I also have the Product Key number to Win7, 64bit . Its on the side of my computer . My Originally Win7, 64bit was factory installed when I purchased my computer.
5 answers Last reply
More about need change windows 32bit 64bit
  1. Yes u can use that key...

About the transfer..... no idea (not experienced)
  2. You can't 'transfer' or 'upgrade' from 32 to 64 or vice versa without reinstalling Windows as the correct version.
  3. I had 32 bit running. Microsoft said to turn off the pc and then insert the 64 bit disk. Reboot and the 64 bit would install. It worked for me. I have no idea how it will work on your PC.

Philip
  4. Philip2001 said:
    I had 32 bit running. Microsoft said to turn off the pc and then insert the 64 bit disk. Reboot and the 64 bit would install. It worked for me. I have no idea how it will work on your PC.

Philip

... also known as reinstalling Windows.
  5. noise said:
    ... also known as reinstalling Windows.

+1
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7 Computers