Unable to use Windows Installer

I have a computer running XP Home with no service pack. I removed several
viruses from the computer. Sasser.E , W32.Korgo.V, Sw32.spybot.KHC. If i try
to add or remove software that uses the windows installer if hangs and will
not proceed. I get the message 'Install service not responding'. I tried
starting the service manualy but i get the message 'error 1053 - The service
did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion'. I
tried installeing SP2 but when the computer restarted all i got was a blank
desktop. I installed the latest version of Windows Installer and it made no
difference. Has any one got any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about unable windows installer

    Error 1053 when you try to start SQL Server Agent
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q322140
    --
    Some days you're the windshield,
    some days you're the bug.

    "Stephen O''Hara" wrote:

    > I have a computer running XP Home with no service pack. I removed several
    > viruses from the computer. Sasser.E , W32.Korgo.V, Sw32.spybot.KHC. If i try
    > to add or remove software that uses the windows installer if hangs and will
    > not proceed. I get the message 'Install service not responding'. I tried
    > starting the service manualy but i get the message 'error 1053 - The service
    > did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion'. I
    > tried installeing SP2 but when the computer restarted all i got was a blank
    > desktop. I installed the latest version of Windows Installer and it made no
    > difference. Has any one got any ideas?

Windows Installer Computers Windows XP