Lost my Administrative login

When I added microsoft shared computer toolkit to this computer and was going
through the getting started steps, I added a public login as it stated to do.
After logging into it and logging back out, it no longer showed me being
able to log into Administrator. Now the only option showing when at start up
is the public login. How do I log in as Administrator?
2 answers Last reply
More about lost administrative login

    On 22-Jul-2005, "=?Utf-8?B?QnV0Y2g=?=" <Butch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > When I added microsoft shared computer toolkit to this computer and was going
    > through the getting started steps, I added a public login as it stated to do.
    > After logging into it and logging back out, it no longer showed me being
    > able to log into Administrator. Now the only option showing when at start up
    > is the public login. How do I log in as Administrator?

    Did you forget your password, do you want administrator as one of the users on
    the menu screen, or is there some other failure when you try loging in as
    administrator from the ctl-alt-delete signon menu?

    a.. Click Start, Run and type Regedit.exe

    b.. Navigate to the following key:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \
    Winlogon \ SpecialAccounts \ UserList

    c.. Use the File, Export option to backup the key.

    d.. Right-click in the right pane and select New DWORD Value.

    e.. Type-in Administrator as the value.

    f.. Double-click Administrator, and assign a value of 1

    g.. Close Regedit

    "Butch" <Butch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I added microsoft shared computer toolkit to this computer and was
    > going
    > through the getting started steps, I added a public login as it stated to
    > do.
    > After logging into it and logging back out, it no longer showed me being
    > able to log into Administrator. Now the only option showing when at start
    > up
    > is the public login. How do I log in as Administrator?

Login Computers Microsoft Windows XP