Lost my Administrative login

Butch

When I added microsoft shared computer toolkit to this computer and was going
through the getting started steps, I added a public login as it stated to do.
After logging into it and logging back out, it no longer showed me being
able to log into Administrator. Now the only option showing when at start up
is the public login. How do I log in as Administrator?

On 22-Jul-2005, "=?Utf-8?B?QnV0Y2g=?=" <Butch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> When I added microsoft shared computer toolkit to this computer and was going
> through the getting started steps, I added a public login as it stated to do.
> After logging into it and logging back out, it no longer showed me being
> able to log into Administrator. Now the only option showing when at start up
> is the public login. How do I log in as Administrator?

Did you forget your password, do you want administrator as one of the users on
the menu screen, or is there some other failure when you try loging in as
administrator from the ctl-alt-delete signon menu?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

a.. Click Start, Run and type Regedit.exe

b.. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \
Winlogon \ SpecialAccounts \ UserList

c.. Use the File, Export option to backup the key.

d.. Right-click in the right pane and select New DWORD Value.

e.. Type-in Administrator as the value.

f.. Double-click Administrator, and assign a value of 1

g.. Close Regedit