Windows "Vista"

sc

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

What sort of comatose octogenarian came up with that? Sounds like a good
name for a travel package. I like this post by Colin Barnhorst in the 64
bit NG:

"Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst@msn.com> wrote in message
>I rather liked "Longhorn". The Home edition could have been "Shorthorn"
>and
> the MCE edition could have been "Flugelhorn." Perhaps outlook could have
> become "Posthorn." Windows Auto could have become "Carhorn" (what
> else?).
> Windows XP N would naturally be "Dehorned". The possibilities were
> endless.
>
> Vista is an apt choice, but users whose boxes don't support Aero Glass
> will
> miss the full meaning.
>
> But I fear the pundits will dub it "hasta la vista" during the runup to
> release because it is still going to be quite a while.
>
> I would have thought the name would be much fresher if not disclosed until
> just before rtm. Releasing it this far out invites an Osborne effect for
> sales of XP to upgraders from 9x/ME and W2k from now until the end of next
> year.
>
> But what do I know? </shrug>

peter

LOL. Well it should be being announced around now.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

"SC" <a@bb.com> wrote in message
> What sort of comatose octogenarian came up with that? Sounds like a good
> name for a travel package. I like this post by Colin Barnhorst in the 64
> bit NG:

It's official goodbye Longhorn. Hello Windows Vista.

Press release:
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2005/jul05/07-22LHMA.mspx

Video: http://www.microsoft.com/winme/0507/25234/Win_Name_MBR.asx

Product page http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx

http://blogs.dasmirnov.net/paul/2005/07/22/goodbye_longhorn

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> "SC" <a@bb.com> wrote in message
> > What sort of comatose octogenarian came up with that?
> Sounds like a good
> > name for a travel package. I like this post by Colin
> Barnhorst in the 64
> > bit NG:
>
> It's official goodbye Longhorn. Hello Windows Vista.
>
> Press release:
> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2005/jul05/07-22LHMA.mspx
>
> Video:
> http://www.microsoft.com/winme/0507/25234/Win_Name_MBR.asx
>
> Product page
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx
>

> http://blogs.dasmirnov.net/paul/2005/07/22/goodbye_longhorn
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> http://www.windowsresource.net/
>
> *Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

Im sure this will cause confusiong, now when people ask about RSS in
IE (for example), you’ll have to say thats only in vista, and every
one not in the know will be lost :p

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Windows-Vista-ftopict399177.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1318241