Lite-on 9106 wont read dvd

ladyhawk

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Hello,
I have a Lite-on LVC-9016. It suddenly won't read any DVDs. Put in a previously recorded DVD, it tries to load, then displays "file". put in a new DVD, it tries to read, then displays "fail". Any suggestions other than get a new one ? Thanks

Solution
G
Could try cleaning the laser. There are cleaner discs.

I prefer to dismantle drive and clean lens with a cotton wool stick. Hold the stick at the far end to exert minimum pessure on lens focus mechanism use a gentle alcohol or propanol solvent, dry off with dry cotton wool stick.
G

I prefer to dismantle drive and clean lens with a cotton wool stick. Hold the stick at the far end to exert minimum pessure on lens focus mechanism use a gentle alcohol or propanol solvent, dry off with dry cotton wool stick.

Solution

ladyhawk

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010

Lite-on service suggested cleaning the laser and also resetting the unit to the factory defaults. Doing both those things seems to have solved my problem. Thanks