Weird WD1600BB problem !!

earthling

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
Hey all, I'm seeking your help in my weird problem. I have 2 HDD's, the primary one is Seagate and the secondary is a western digital WD1600BB, and they were named after each other (C,D for the seagate. E,F for the western Digital).
few days ago I decided to remove winXP from the seagate hdd and to install it on the western digital and thats when the problem happened. Jumper settings are set correctly and when i installed on the western digital I found that some folders (picked randomly) on a partition of the western digital hdd were destroyed, literally when I open any folder of them I find like 100+ folders inside written in weird fonts, and the properties of the original folder says its "450GB" (the HDD is 160GB !). after a day or 2 the "450GB" folder turns into a 32KB file ! I tried to reattach the hdd's in the sequence i used before hoping i can get back my data but it didnt work, so anybody have any idea what was that? thanks a lot :)

earthling

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
i wasnt [-peep-] around with a *DRIVE* with data on, i was [-peep-] around with a HDD with data on, apparently the *DRIVE* where i installed XP onto was completely formatted before i install the OS