Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Does anyone know how I can stop this:

"Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this
page. As a result, the page may not display correctly."

I need to run a liveupdate for my video card, but I can't because I get that
error. How to I turn off/sop it?

Malke

Chris wrote:

> Does anyone know how I can stop this:
>
> "Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on
> this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly."
>
> I need to run a liveupdate for my video card, but I can't because I
> get that error. How to I turn off/sop it?

Download the drivers manually. I'm not sure what you mean by "run a
liveupdate". What program allows you to automatically search for
drivers? Something from the computer mftr.?

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Add the web-site of your video card manufacturer (or the site from which you
are running the live-update) to your Trusted Sites.

1. Select Tools-Internet Options from the browser menu.
2. Select the Security tab and click Trusted Sites
3. Click the Sites button...

Type in the URL of your trusted web-site (wildcards OK):

http://*.nvidia.com

And click Add. You have to create a separate entry for Secure pages:

https://*.nvidia.com

And click Add.

Now you should be able to run your live update.

Good Luck,

Carl

> Does anyone know how I can stop this:
>
> "Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this
> page. As a result, the page may not display correctly."
>
> I need to run a liveupdate for my video card, but I can't because I get
> that
> error. How to I turn off/sop it?

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

That is all fine, but here is the problem. The liveupdate that I sue, which
came off of the cd that I got with the video card, creates an icon, that when
opened, goes to this page:

C:\Program Files\MSI\Live Update Series\MSI.htm

So you see, I can't add that to the safe list. The card I use is an NVIDIA
RIVA TNT2 Model64/Model64 Pro, and I can't find drivers from MSI, or NVIDIA
(MSI is the company that made the installation cd). Any ideas?

Malke

Chris wrote:

> That is all fine, but here is the problem. The liveupdate that I sue,
> which came off of the cd that I got with the video card, creates an
> icon, that when opened, goes to this page:
>
> C:\Program Files\MSI\Live Update Series\MSI.htm
>
> So you see, I can't add that to the safe list. The card I use is an
> NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model64/Model64 Pro, and I can't find drivers from
> MSI, or NVIDIA (MSI is the company that made the installation cd). Any
> ideas?

Nvidia still makes drivers for Riva TNT2 cards. Go here:

Highlight "Graphics Driver" and then slide over and highlight "GeForce
and TNT2". Continue to follow the download "wizard".

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I really appreciate the help, but I tried that before. If you look here>
http://www.nvidia.com/object/77.72_winxp_32_supported.html

It clearly says that the TNT2 Model 64 is not spported in that update.

"Malke" wrote:

> Chris wrote:
>
> > That is all fine, but here is the problem. The liveupdate that I sue,
> > which came off of the cd that I got with the video card, creates an
> > icon, that when opened, goes to this page:
> >
> > C:\Program Files\MSI\Live Update Series\MSI.htm
> >
> > So you see, I can't add that to the safe list. The card I use is an
> > NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model64/Model64 Pro, and I can't find drivers from
> > MSI, or NVIDIA (MSI is the company that made the installation cd). Any
> > ideas?
>
> Nvidia still makes drivers for Riva TNT2 cards. Go here:
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
>
> Highlight "Graphics Driver" and then slide over and highlight "GeForce
> and TNT2". Continue to follow the download "wizard".
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke

Chris wrote:

> I really appreciate the help, but I tried that before. If you look
> here> http://www.nvidia.com/object/77.72_winxp_32_supported.html
>
> It clearly says that the TNT2 Model 64 is not spported in that update.
>
> "Malke" wrote:
>
>> Chris wrote:
>>
>> > That is all fine, but here is the problem. The liveupdate that I
>> > sue, which came off of the cd that I got with the video card,
>> > creates an icon, that when opened, goes to this page:
>> >
>> > C:\Program Files\MSI\Live Update Series\MSI.htm
>> >
>> > So you see, I can't add that to the safe list. The card I use is an
>> > NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model64/Model64 Pro, and I can't find drivers from
>> > MSI, or NVIDIA (MSI is the company that made the installation cd).
>> > Any ideas?

Then I'm sorry. Unless you have an OEM computer (HP, Dell, etc.) who
will have the drivers on their site for your specific model computer,
you are apparently out of luck. One other place to check is
www.driverguide.com. They have a collection of older drivers.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic"

Well, why don't you look in the archives? 4.5.2.3 works just fine, so do
other versions. Follow the instructions Malke gave you and click on the
archive link.

Incognitus wrote:

> Well, why don't you look in the archives? 4.5.2.3 works just fine, so
> do other versions. Follow the instructions Malke gave you and click on
> the archive link.

Incognitus - Thanks for reminding me about the Nvidia archives. Those
archives have helped me out more than once and I had forgotten about
them!

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic"

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can stop this:
>
> "Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX
> controls on this
> page. As a result, the page may not display correctly."
>
> I need to run a liveupdate for my video card, but I can't
> because I get that
> error. How to I turn off/sop it?

I asume your trying to up date your video captur card using an activex
controler from the manufacturs site, just put the manufacturs doimain
in your trusted zone.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-AvtiveX-signing-ftopict399190.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1318245

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> That is all fine, but here is the problem. The liveupdate that
> I sue, which
> came off of the cd that I got with the video card, creates an
> icon, that when
> opened, goes to this page:
>
> C:program FilesMSILive Update SeriesMSI.htm
>
> So you see, I can't add that to the safe list. The card I use
> is an NVIDIA
> RIVA TNT2 Model64/Model64 Pro, and I can't find drivers from
> MSI, or NVIDIA
> (MSI is the company that made the installation cd). Any ideas?

First, your are refering to the GRAPHICS CARD, not video card, Second,
MSI’s live update never worked for me, so i never use it, nor have i
ever had the need to use it.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-AvtiveX-signing-ftopict399190.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1318479

"Malke" <notreally@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Incognitus wrote:
>
>> Well, why don't you look in the archives? 4.5.2.3 works just fine, so
>> do other versions. Follow the instructions Malke gave you and click on
>> the archive link.
>>

> Incognitus - Thanks for reminding me about the Nvidia archives. Those
> archives have helped me out more than once and I had forgotten about
> them!
>
> Malke

You're welcome. =)