DVD player that works

Does anybody know of a free DVD player that you can download that works and
doesnt have any ads or spyware, I downloaded ndvd and whenever i put a dvd in
it says "No DVD found"

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

First off, just make sure you have a DVD-Rom drive. I am not calling you
stupid or anything, believe me, but some people try to watch DVD's in a
regular CD-Drive and as far as I know, that is not possible. As for a
program, I suggest Cyberlink Power DVD, you can look here
http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/index.jsp

They have free trials, and I am sure you can find a full version if you
search enough. Good luck, hope I could help.

"Atlanta Falcons" wrote:

> Does anybody know of a free DVD player that you can download that works and
> doesnt have any ads or spyware, I downloaded ndvd and whenever i put a dvd in
> it says "No DVD found"

Did any media ( a cd or something) come with your DVD drive? Did you install
your DVD drive yourself, or was it preinstalled with the system? If it was
preinstalled, most manufactures have software available for download form
their company support site www.dell.com or www.gateway.com, etc... and you
can install it from there. Othertimes they ship it along with the 'drivers'
cd...

If you bought and installed your dvd yourself, it should have come with
drivers and possibly an application cd that would contain the software you
need.

> First off, just make sure you have a DVD-Rom drive. I am not calling you
> stupid or anything...

Related story: 6 months after I bought my car, I reached my daily "I'm
disgusted with radio stations" moment and pressed the CD button. Nothing
happened. Pressed it again. Nothing. Started cursing because even though the
vehicle was still under warranty, I was taking a long trip the next day and
didn't have time to get to the dealer. More cursing, since the area I'd be
driving through is served by nothing but religious radio stations.

Got home, cursed some more, began getting car ready for trip. Figured I may
as well remove the CDs, since the player didn't work. Grabbed the 5 CD
cases, opened the one whose disk I thought was in the machine. Nope. All 5
cases had CDs in them. No CD in the machine. Duh.