Fable The Lost Chapters

Hi I am looking for a forum or an email address to get some help with Fable.
Can anyone point me in the direction.

I cannot get the game to start even though I have more then the necessary
hardware requirements.

Thanks

Kevin
10 answers Last reply
More about fable lost chapters

    Hi,

    "Maximus" <Maximus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7DAB13B-7E61-4663-9206-113B31AF8AFB@microsoft.com...
    | Hi I am looking for a forum or an email address to get some help with Fable.
    | Can anyone point me in the direction.
    |
    | I cannot get the game to start even though I have more then the necessary
    | hardware requirements.
    |
    | Thanks
    |
    | Kevin

    What happens exactly? Does it give you an error message?

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    Jimmy S. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > "Maximus" <Maximus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7DAB13B-7E61-4663-9206-113B31AF8AFB@microsoft.com...
    > | Hi I am looking for a forum or an email address to get some help with Fable.
    > | Can anyone point me in the direction.
    > |
    > | I cannot get the game to start even though I have more then the necessary
    > | hardware requirements.
    > |
    > | Thanks
    > |
    > | Kevin
    >
    > What happens exactly? Does it give you an error message?
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    I had the exact same problem....
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hi,

    "bread29" <breadandbutter29@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1127456100.926329.6920@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

    | Jimmy S. wrote:
    | > Hi,
    | >
    | > "Maximus" <Maximus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7DAB13B-7E61-4663-9206-113B31AF8AFB@microsoft.com...
    | > | Hi I am looking for a forum or an email address to get some help with Fable.
    | > | Can anyone point me in the direction.
    | > |
    | > | I cannot get the game to start even though I have more then the necessary
    | > | hardware requirements.
    | > |
    | > | Thanks
    | > |
    | > | Kevin
    | >
    | > What happens exactly? Does it give you an error message?
    | >
    | > --
    | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    | >
    | _________________________________________________________
    |
    | I had the exact same problem....

    What did you do to resolve the problem?

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    I installed the program and then started it from the desktop. The Fable
    splash screen appears then goes out. You then get an error message that
    Fable has failed to exit correctly and it is suggested that you use safe
    mode. You have the choices of safe mode or continue anyway. Regardless of
    what you select the program will close and you will get the message that the
    program was closed and do you want to send the results to microsoft.

    I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it without success.

    The computer is a Dell 8250 with 512 megs of RAM, a ATI 9600 video card and
    a built in SoundMax sound card. All of the hardware is over the minimum
    specs for the game. I read in the readme file that there has been a problem
    with certain Sound Blaster drivers but my computer does not use a Sound
    Blaster sound card.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    Kevin

    "Jimmy S." wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > "Maximus" <Maximus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7DAB13B-7E61-4663-9206-113B31AF8AFB@microsoft.com...
    > | Hi I am looking for a forum or an email address to get some help with Fable.
    > | Can anyone point me in the direction.
    > |
    > | I cannot get the game to start even though I have more then the necessary
    > | hardware requirements.
    > |
    > | Thanks
    > |
    > | Kevin
    >
    > What happens exactly? Does it give you an error message?
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hi,

    "Maximus" <Maximus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F937BAAD-6286-46CF-96B3-4EBD413F67CC@microsoft.com...
    |I installed the program and then started it from the desktop. The Fable
    | splash screen appears then goes out. You then get an error message that
    | Fable has failed to exit correctly and it is suggested that you use safe
    | mode. You have the choices of safe mode or continue anyway. Regardless of
    | what you select the program will close and you will get the message that the
    | program was closed and do you want to send the results to microsoft.
    |
    | I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it without success.
    |
    | The computer is a Dell 8250 with 512 megs of RAM, a ATI 9600 video card and
    | a built in SoundMax sound card. All of the hardware is over the minimum
    | specs for the game. I read in the readme file that there has been a problem
    | with certain Sound Blaster drivers but my computer does not use a Sound
    | Blaster sound card.
    |
    | Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    |
    | Thanks
    |
    | Kevin
    |
    | "Jimmy S." wrote:
    |
    | > Hi,
    | >
    | > "Maximus" <Maximus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7DAB13B-7E61-4663-9206-113B31AF8AFB@microsoft.com...
    | > | Hi I am looking for a forum or an email address to get some help with Fable.
    | > | Can anyone point me in the direction.
    | > |
    | > | I cannot get the game to start even though I have more then the necessary
    | > | hardware requirements.
    | > |
    | > | Thanks
    | > |
    | > | Kevin
    | >
    | > What happens exactly? Does it give you an error message?
    | >
    | > --
    | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    | >
    | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    | > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
    | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.

    Speaking of drivers, have you updated your ATI and SoundMax drivers?

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hallo!
    I was so disappointed when fable started messing with me.
    The first thing it did was after a successful install, when I tried lunching
    it the game started and with a blink after that it shuts down and a “windows
    error have accord” massage popped up. I change the compability options for
    fable so it started with “windows 2000”. When I did this, the game started
    successfully. Though at a special point in the game (when you exit The Guild
    Woods) the game shuts down. And as it is now I am stuck because of it. I
    really wish for a answer or a patch soon.

    This is my system specs:
    P4 3.2ghz
    1532mb ram ddr 400
    ATI Sapphire 850xtp with 256mb
    Latest ATI cataclysm drivers (5.7)
    Windows XP with service pack 2

    Thanks for any help
    Joel
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    The ATI and SoundMax drivers are up to date. When I saw the post on the
    Soundblaster cards I thought I would give that a try.

    Kevin

    "Jimmy S." wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > "Maximus" <Maximus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F937BAAD-6286-46CF-96B3-4EBD413F67CC@microsoft.com...
    > |I installed the program and then started it from the desktop. The Fable
    > | splash screen appears then goes out. You then get an error message that
    > | Fable has failed to exit correctly and it is suggested that you use safe
    > | mode. You have the choices of safe mode or continue anyway. Regardless of
    > | what you select the program will close and you will get the message that the
    > | program was closed and do you want to send the results to microsoft.
    > |
    > | I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it without success.
    > |
    > | The computer is a Dell 8250 with 512 megs of RAM, a ATI 9600 video card and
    > | a built in SoundMax sound card. All of the hardware is over the minimum
    > | specs for the game. I read in the readme file that there has been a problem
    > | with certain Sound Blaster drivers but my computer does not use a Sound
    > | Blaster sound card.
    > |
    > | Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    > |
    > | Thanks
    > |
    > | Kevin
    > |
    > | "Jimmy S." wrote:
    > |
    > | > Hi,

    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |

    > | > What happens exactly? Does it give you an error message?
    > | >
    > | > --
    > | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    > | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    > | >
    > | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    > | > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
    > | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
    > | > _________________________________________________________
    > | >

    > Speaking of drivers, have you updated your ATI and SoundMax drivers?
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hi Maximus,

    Your ATI 9600 is one of the supported cards according to:
    http://www.microsoft.com/games/fable/support.asp
    however since the suspect is still your sound card, I wonder
    if we could disable the card/sound HW acceleration as a test:
    http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#v9
    if that fails, I would urge you to go through the troubleshooting
    steps on that page, even if you may have done them before.

    --

    "Maximus" <Maximus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0199A171-E412-4FC5-B5AC-465AFFCA1785@microsoft.com...
    | The ATI and SoundMax drivers are up to date. When I saw the post on the
    | Soundblaster cards I thought I would give that a try.
    |
    | Kevin
    |
    | "Jimmy S." wrote:
    |
    | > Hi,
    | >
    | > "Maximus" <Maximus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F937BAAD-6286-46CF-96B3-4EBD413F67CC@microsoft.com...
    | > |I installed the program and then started it from the desktop. The Fable
    | > | splash screen appears then goes out. You then get an error message that
    | > | Fable has failed to exit correctly and it is suggested that you use safe
    | > | mode. You have the choices of safe mode or continue anyway. Regardless of
    | > | what you select the program will close and you will get the message that the
    | > | program was closed and do you want to send the results to microsoft.
    | > |
    | > | I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it without success.
    | > |
    | > | The computer is a Dell 8250 with 512 megs of RAM, a ATI 9600 video card and
    | > | a built in SoundMax sound card. All of the hardware is over the minimum
    | > | specs for the game. I read in the readme file that there has been a problem
    | > | with certain Sound Blaster drivers but my computer does not use a Sound
    | > | Blaster sound card.
    | > |
    | > | Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    | > |
    | > | Thanks
    | > |
    | > | Kevin
    | > |
    | > | "Jimmy S." wrote:
    | > |
> [...]
    | > | > |
    | > | > |
    | > | > |

    | > Speaking of drivers, have you updated your ATI and SoundMax drivers?
    | >
    | > --
    | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    | >
    | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    | > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
    | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Thanks I will give that a try. An additional note on the failure. I have
    discovered that the program crashes somewhere between the start of the
    initial Fable splash screen and the start of the EULA agreement.

    Kevin

    "Jimmy S." wrote:

    > Hi Maximus,
    >
    > Your ATI 9600 is one of the supported cards according to:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/games/fable/support.asp
    > however since the suspect is still your sound card, I wonder
    > if we could disable the card/sound HW acceleration as a test:
    > http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html#v9
    > if that fails, I would urge you to go through the troubleshooting
    > steps on that page, even if you may have done them before.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
    >
    > "Maximus" <Maximus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0199A171-E412-4FC5-B5AC-465AFFCA1785@microsoft.com...
    > | The ATI and SoundMax drivers are up to date. When I saw the post on the
    > | Soundblaster cards I thought I would give that a try.
    > |
    > | Kevin
    > |
    > | "Jimmy S." wrote:
    > |
    > | > Hi,

    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |

    > | > | > |
    > | > | > |
    > | > | > |

    > | > Speaking of drivers, have you updated your ATI and SoundMax drivers?
    > | >
    > | > --
    > | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    > | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    > | >
    > | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    > | > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
    > | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
    > | > _________________________________________________________

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    I've had exactly the same thing happen with me. Bought the game, installed
    it, then I can't play it. Have upgraded video and sound driver, disabled
    sound, uninstalled, reinstalled. I still get the "game has failed to exit
    properly"message, with sending the error to Microsoft.

    I'm playing Dungeon Siege II with no problems. This has me really annoyed as
    nothing has been done to address the problem. Obviously. It's disappointing
    as this looks good.

    I've used that website for trying various things without success. Any
    suggestions?

    Meanwhile, I'll go back and play Dungeon Siege II which I can play.

    Sue

Games Microsoft Video Games