Sign in with
Your question

HTPC Keyboard - Any recommendations?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 23, 2008 12:20:44 AM

Hi folks,

I'm looking to get a keyboard for my new HTPC build. I like the look of the BTC Keyboards but it's hard to tell what they're like from the picture.

What keyboards to you have for your HTPC setup?

September 23, 2008 4:29:45 PM

I'm using the Moneual MK700 for my HTPC:

Pros: inexpensive ($30 at www.xoxide.com), good range, RF (doesn't need line of sight), it's small, built in trackball, it matches my Moneual case :) 

Cons: top application keys are not programmable, USB receiver is like a thumb-drive instead of on a cable for better placement.

I don't have any experience with the BTC keyboards, but I've read good reviews about the BTC 9019URFIII model.
September 26, 2008 8:16:07 AM

Avoid the current generation of Gyration keyboard / mouse.

Keyboard strokes lag now and then.

Mouse does not always properly charge.

Personally considering the Logitech diNovo Edge.
Related resources
March 27, 2009 6:04:05 AM

I just connected my PC to Samsung 40inch LCD TV, but my regular keyboard and mouse aren't working well because it only works 5 feet away from the receiver, so I did a lot of research on HTPC keyboard and find out there are a lot of options for it. I really can't afford those logitech and microsoft because it cost over $120 to $200 for a wireless keyboard with pointing device. Finally I got a 2.4 GHz wireless keyboard with laser trackball from WWW.ERGOGEEK.COM. They have a lot of HTPC keyboard available and the price range is around $45 to $85, so I call them and ask for suggestions with my HTPC setting. They suggested me to use the newest model which is $66.45 with free shipping. The model number is Zippy RF-666 laser trackball keyboard. I received it within 3 days after I placed an order and it is shipped by UPS. The keyboard works perfectly for the HTPC. I really love this keyboard because it has a (1)built in laser trackball, (2) Scroll Wheel, (3)On/Off button , (4) MCE hotkeys, (5) Adjustable mouse speed setting to 400, 800, 1200 dpi, (6) Scissor keys.

http://www.ergogeek.com/2-4-ghz-mini-wireless-keyboard-...

I plug in the USB receiver into my computer and turn on the keyboard, it connected by itself automatically. It has more than 10 meters operation range and it never drop keys even if I type very fast. The keystoke feels very good since it is scissor keys style like our standard notebook keys. Trackballl move very smooth and you can adjust the speed to fit your need. The scorll wheel is perfect when you are surfing the interent. You won't feel this keyboard is made with cheap plastic from China.

It is a great buy and I will refer other HTPC users to use this keyboard for their system.

June 22, 2009 10:48:05 AM

Wow, I just bought a small but useful HTPC keyboard and it is just $40.

It is new in the market, handheld and slim, keyboard, mouse and touchpad 3-in-1.

When I surfed it before, I still hesitated. After viewing its video demonstration, I finally bought it. I got it days ago and I loved it now.

Share it with you at :

http://efo.buy-lowest.com

glennybee said:
Hi folks,

I'm looking to get a keyboard for my new HTPC build. I like the look of the BTC Keyboards but it's hard to tell what they're like from the picture.

What keyboards to you have for your HTPC setup?

June 23, 2009 4:42:20 AM

jaguarskx said:
Avoid the current generation of Gyration keyboard / mouse.

I have actually been pretty happy with my Gyration keyboard & air remote thing (not mouse). When you don't have a surface for a normal mouse I think it is a great solution. I only give it light use, but the batteries have lasted 6 months so far.
!