Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Windows Explorer drag and drop bug? files inserted in reve..

Tags:
  • Windows Explorer
  • Thunderbird
  • Bug
  • Windows XP
July 22, 2005 2:22:36 PM

I tried to embed multiple image files into a Thunderbird email by drag and
drop. The
pics were numbered "dsc00001.jpg" through "dsc00007.jpg". (You can't do
this with OE or Eudora ... they allow you to embed only one image file at a
time.)

Problem: no matter what I did, no matter what I tried, the files were always
inserted into Thunderbird mail in REVERSE ORDER ... e.g. dsc00007 through
dsc00001.

Is this a Windows bug, if so, how can I work around?

(May be a Thunderbird bug ... haven't found another email client I can try
this with.)

More about : windows explorer drag drop bug files inserted reve

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 8:45:41 PM

"Spoon2001" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>I tried to embed multiple image files into a Thunderbird email by drag and
>drop. The
>pics were numbered "dsc00001.jpg" through "dsc00007.jpg". (You can't do
>this with OE or Eudora ... they allow you to embed only one image file at a
>time.)
>
>Problem: no matter what I did, no matter what I tried, the files were always
>inserted into Thunderbird mail in REVERSE ORDER ... e.g. dsc00007 through
>dsc00001.
>
>Is this a Windows bug, if so, how can I work around?
>
>(May be a Thunderbird bug ... haven't found another email client I can try
>this with.)

When you select the files, make sure that the order you select them is
the REVERSE of the order you want them copied. If you select a range,
select from the LAST to the FIRST. If you're simply selecting several
and want them in a particular order, select the last to the first
while holding the Ctrl key. Although not "intuitively obvious" as a
GUI for humans who almost invariably select a range by choosing the
first to the last, this is by design and the way that Windows Explorer
works.