HOLY CRAP Check out this deal!!

Patchworkblue

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2003
Check it out, guys! Not only can you get a 250GB WD Caviar hard drive for 124 bucks (at time of this post), but it's disguised as an IDE drive, check the pic!
And if THAT doesn't blow your mind, it's 10k RPM! Holy crap! You get 10k speed and WD Caviar quality, but without the exorbitant price! If you guys don't bid on this, you totally need to get a clue!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64459&item=5187261864&rd=1

Women--can't live with them, can't have heterosexual same-species intercourse without them.

Patchworkblue

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2003
Yes that was sarcasm. I know for 99% of you this second post is unnecessary, but I really hate getting 'served' by people who don't know sarcasm from sodomy.
To the other 1%: served.

Women--can't live with them, can't have heterosexual same-species intercourse without them.

sjonnie

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
Ebay rules! I love this

<pre>Rotational Speed 10K RPM (nominal)
Buffer Size 8 MB
Average Latency 4.20 ms (nominal)
Contact Start/Stop Cycles 50,000 minimum
Seek Times (Average)
Read Seek Time (Average) 8.9 ms
Write Seek Time (Average) 10.9 ms (average)
Track-To-Track Seek Time 2.0 ms (average)
Full Stroke Seek 21.0 ms (average)
Transfer Rates
Buffer To Disk 737 Mbits/s (Max)
Buffer to Host (EIDE)
Mode 5 SERIAL ATA 100.0 MB/s
Mode 4 SERIAL ATA 66.6 MB/s
Mode 2 SERIAL ATA 33.3 MB/s
Mode 4 PIO 16.6 MB/s
Mode 2 multi-word ATA 16.6 MB/s
</pre><p>Nice seller, he's obviously copied the data from the WD website and then gone through it to edit the rotational speed and inserted SERIAL. Nice one.

RichPLS

Champion
Dood, that's mine, don't be coppin my drive!

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Patchworkblue

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2003
Before I posted here, I e-mailed everyone who had bid on the drive to warn them, I e-mailed the seller to let them know that I know, and I reported them to ebay.