Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

All of a sudden when I turn on my laptop my desktop does not show until all
programs (anti-virus, counterspy) are loaded. This is new, my desktop use
to appear immediately and then those programs would load ?

What happens in safe mode?

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

dan wrote:

> All of a sudden when I turn on my laptop my desktop does not show until all
> programs (anti-virus, counterspy) are loaded. This is new, my desktop use
> to appear immediately and then those programs would load ?

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Desktop shows up blank for about 10-15 secs and then shows.
"S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
> What happens in safe mode?
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> dan wrote:
>> All of a sudden when I turn on my laptop my desktop does not show until
>> all programs (anti-virus, counterspy) are loaded. This is new, my
>> desktop use to appear immediately and then those programs would load ?

Try System Restore.
Have you recently updated video driver?If so,then roll back the driver
through the device manager.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

dan wrote:

> Desktop shows up blank for about 10-15 secs and then shows.
> "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
>
>>What happens in safe mode?
>>
>>regards,
>>ssg MS-MVP
>>
>>dan wrote:
>>
>>> All of a sudden when I turn on my laptop my desktop does not show until
>>>all programs (anti-virus, counterspy) are loaded. This is new, my
>>>desktop use to appear immediately and then those programs would load ?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

dan wrote:

> All of a sudden when I turn on my laptop my desktop does not show until all
> programs (anti-virus, counterspy) are loaded. This is new, my desktop use
> to appear immediately and then those programs would load ?

What changes have you made to the system, installed software? OS
updates, av updates? etc. How long is the delay? If a matter of a few
seconds, like 10-15 as your second post indicates for safe mode, why
worry about it?

If you want, try some clean boot troubleshooting:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User