Garmin IQUE - ? on file rename

September 30, 2004 2:54:10 PM

I just got a Garmin IQUE. I can download the map file to the SD card but
Garmin has a big limitation. You can only have one map file. I'd like more
so I figured I could rename the file and download another with the original
name. By renaming them back and forth, I could use multiple files. However,
it appears that the Palm has no file handling ability. I see there are ones
you can buy but are there free ones that will allow this?

Thanks,

John

---
October 7, 2004 7:37:08 PM

File Prog will do it and it is free. You can have two files, on in RAM
and one on the SD card. You can also build a single file with
disconnected or mixed maps so, except for the time it takes to build it,
there is no advantage to multiple maps.

Dale

John Pezzano wrote:

> I just got a Garmin IQUE. I can download the map file to the SD card but
> Garmin has a big limitation. You can only have one map file. I'd like more
> so I figured I could rename the file and download another with the original
> name. By renaming them back and forth, I could use multiple files. However,
> it appears that the Palm has no file handling ability. I see there are ones
> you can buy but are there free ones that will allow this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>

> ---

_ _ Dale DePriest
/`) _ // http://users.cwnet.com/dalede
o/_/ (_(_X_(` For GPS and GPS/PDAs
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 7:40:17 PM

By the way, a quicker and easier way to do the rename is just to leave
the name alone and place the files in different directories. You can
then easily move the file you want to the correct place which requires
less mistake prone data entry.

John Pezzano wrote:

> I just got a Garmin IQUE. I can download the map file to the SD card but
> Garmin has a big limitation. You can only have one map file. I'd like more
> so I figured I could rename the file and download another with the original
> name. By renaming them back and forth, I could use multiple files. However,
> it appears that the Palm has no file handling ability. I see there are ones
> you can buy but are there free ones that will allow this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>

> ---

_ _ Dale DePriest