Connectivity Issue

I have several sites on a frame relay network. I am in site A. Users in site
B access data on our servers so I had to add routes into the routing table's
of those servers (2003,2000 servers) before they(site b) could even ping
them.They access data fine now.
Site B needs to ping computers in site A but can't, I even turned the
firewall (actual hardware firewall, not sp2 firewall) to allow ping's but it
still will not work unless you add a route into the routing table on the
computer. Initially I thought this was a service pack 2 issue but they can't
ping 2000 or 98 machines either unless you add the route. We have alot of
computers here and I am stumped to find a solution. Another issue, we have
about 25 printers setup in site A statically that site B prints to all the
time & and they can ping them?? Thanks for any help.

"Stalingrad" <blh_24@nospam_hotmail.com> wrote in

> I have several sites on a frame relay network. I am in site A. Users
> in site B access data on our servers so I had to add routes into the
> routing table's of those servers (2003,2000 servers) before they(site
> b) could even ping them.They access data fine now.
> Site B needs to ping computers in site A but can't, I even turned the
> firewall (actual hardware firewall, not sp2 firewall) to allow ping's
> but it still will not work unless you add a route into the routing
> table on the computer. Initially I thought this was a service pack 2
> issue but they can't ping 2000 or 98 machines either unless you add
> the route. We have alot of computers here and I am stumped to find a
> solution. Another issue, we have about 25 printers setup in site A
> statically that site B prints to all the time & and they can ping
> them?? Thanks for any help.

I gather....

Site A LAN <-> Site A Servers <-> A Routing Device <-> Frame <-> B
Routing Device<-> Site B Servers <-> Site B LAN

To see end-to-end.....

Site A LAN PC's default G/W = Site A server IP
Site A Servers default G/W = A Routing Device Eth IP
Site A routing device G/W = B Routing device Frame IP
Site A routing device needs a route to reach the other side of the
server, the Site A Lan.

Site B LAN PC's default G/W = Site B server IP
Site B Servers default G/W = B Routing Device Eth IP
Site B routing device G/W = A Routing device Frame IP
Site B routing device needs a route to reach the other side of the
server, the Site A Lan.

Now, if everything DOES NOT go thru the server, like having another
router that provides internet access, I see no way to get around adding a
route on each PC, which is not that big of a deal anyway, using the /P
option to make it persistant so it will stick after a reboot.

(After reading your post again, I'm not sure what you have set up, and
I'm not sure on what end you are saying the routes needed to be added to
the PC on, A or B. But I'll post this anyway.)

Regards,

DanS