add/remove programmes bug

recently i noticed an old programme that was still showing up on the
add/remove programmes list.

when i clicked on the remove it told that this action was only available for
installed programmes etc. which must mean that it is already uninstalled.

i suspect that all i need is to delete the registry entry from the file that
compiles the list of installed programmes, although i dont know where to find
it?

thanks

Possibly could be a virusscan issue as well that doesn't allow incoming ping
requests? This could be why it is cross-platform if you are running a
similar VS program on all OS's

"drivenout" wrote:

> recently i noticed an old programme that was still showing up on the
> add/remove programmes list.
>
> when i clicked on the remove it told that this action was only available for
> installed programmes etc. which must mean that it is already uninstalled.
>
> i suspect that all i need is to delete the registry entry from the file that
> compiles the list of installed programmes, although i dont know where to find
> it?
>
> thanks

A Google search of *Add/Remove Programs* shows many links on
how to remove invalid programs from Control Panel's Add/Remove
list and also programs that can download to remove such items.

drivenout" <drivenout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8D8501A7-FCC0-4E6A-A199-BD7E22523DEC@microsoft.com...> recently i
noticed an old programme that was still showing up on the
> add/remove programmes list.
>
> when i clicked on the remove it told that this action was only available
> for
> installed programmes etc. which must mean that it is already uninstalled.
>
> i suspect that all i need is to delete the registry entry from the file
> that
> compiles the list of installed programmes, although i dont know where to
> find
> it?
>
> thanks

How to Manually Remove Programs from the Add or Remove Programs Tool
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314481

Remove invalid entries in Add/Remove Programs
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/AddRemove.htm

Lots of info on Add or Remove Programs here
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#addremove

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:8D8501A7-FCC0-4E6A-A199-BD7E22523DEC@microsoft.com,
drivenout <drivenout@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> recently i noticed an old programme that was still showing up on the
> add/remove programmes list.
>
> when i clicked on the remove it told that this action was only available
> for installed programmes etc. which must mean that it is already
> uninstalled.
>
> i suspect that all i need is to delete the registry entry from the file
> that compiles the list of installed programmes, although i dont know
> where to find it?
>
> thanks

Sorry, I meant this post to go somewhere else.