Sign in with
Your question

In the market for a new laptop

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
September 28, 2009 7:23:49 AM

1_What is your budget?

2000-2500$

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

I'd prefer one with a 17" screen or bigger. The weight isn't such a big deal, I travel for work and will be playing at the desk in my hotel room.

3_What screen resolution do you want?

1920 x 1200/1920 x 1080 want to have the highest res. so I can watch Blue-Ray

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Desktop replacement.

5_How much battery life do you need?

Since I find myself driving acrosse the nation rather then flying these days. I will only be on near a outlet.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Big in to first person shooters. The games that Im looking forward to is Diablo 3, Left 4 Dead, then Star Wars: The Old Republic which is a MMO RPG then other RPGs as they come out like Mass Effect 2 next year. Would like to max out as meny games that I can.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)

All that sounds good.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

Hard Drive realy dosnt matter. I want something with a fast RPM rate or a solid state drive if I need I can get a external hard drive down the road.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

Since this will be the first laptop that I will be buying online any help I can get would be helpfull.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

Well I want something that will last me a couple of years. Thats why I was think with a i7 processor. The only problem is that I can not find any laptops with a i7 and dual GPU's.

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.

Gaming will be main use so GPU power is a plus. Something with dual GPU. Also when I do find myself at home
I want a laptop that has a hdmi hook up. which for most high end laptops these days do come with one. Now I have been looking at two laptops both are Sagers. First is the NP9280 ( Clevo D900F ) because of the i7 processor. Then SAGER NP9850 ( Clevo M980NU ) which has dual GTX 280M so I'll have 2048MB of GPU processor memory. Now throw the forums I have read on here there has been alot of talk about the Asus W90VP series. Haven't found a place to buy one yet. So whats the price rang on them?

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Im open for any brand.

13_What country do you live in?

I live in the good old USA

More about : market laptop

a b D Laptop
September 28, 2009 2:41:13 PM

The 9280 usually goes for around $2100 base config (i7 920 and a GTX280).

The 9850 I believe is more like $2300 (dual core and dual GTX280's).

If you are mainly into FPS games, then you are going to want the dual GPU's over the i7 processor since they need more GPU power than CPU. The other option is to wait and see if Sager releases anything with the new mobile i7's and dual GPUs.
!