How to reactivate/move cookies from previous/other install..

July 22, 2005 9:21:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,comp.os.ms-windows.misc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I backuped/saved all the cookies from the cookies folder from an old Win2000 installation.

Then I re-installed Win2000 (because of other reasons) and copied the old
cookies files back to the cookies folder

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies

However, they are NOT recognized by the Internet Explorer. Why?

I assume they must be indexed in the index.dat in the cookies folder. How can I do this?

The same occurs under WinXP.

Is there something like an "import cookies" function for the InternetExplorer (6.0)?

Peter
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 9:21:21 PM

Don't waste your time with cookies.

They will be redownloaded when you visit the sites again.

I delete every cookie off my machine at least once a day.

How to Manage Cookies in Internet Explorer 6
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;283185

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes