How to reactivate/move cookies from previous/other install..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,comp.os.ms-windows.misc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I backuped/saved all the cookies from the cookies folder from an old Win2000 installation.

Then I re-installed Win2000 (because of other reasons) and copied the old
cookies files back to the cookies folder

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies

However, they are NOT recognized by the Internet Explorer. Why?

I assume they must be indexed in the index.dat in the cookies folder. How can I do this?

The same occurs under WinXP.

Is there something like an "import cookies" function for the InternetExplorer (6.0)?

Peter
1 answer Last reply
More about reactivate move cookies previous other install

    Don't waste your time with cookies.

    They will be redownloaded when you visit the sites again.

    I delete every cookie off my machine at least once a day.

    How to Manage Cookies in Internet Explorer 6
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;283185

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:42e12b0e$0$16380$9b4e6d93@newsread4.arcor-online.net,
    Peter Hanke <peter_ha@andres.net> hunted and pecked:
    > I backuped/saved all the cookies from the cookies folder from an old
    > Win2000 installation.
    >
    > Then I re-installed Win2000 (because of other reasons) and copied the old
    > cookies files back to the cookies folder
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies
    >
    > However, they are NOT recognized by the Internet Explorer. Why?
    >
    > I assume they must be indexed in the index.dat in the cookies folder. How
    > can I do this?
    >
    > The same occurs under WinXP.
    >
    > Is there something like an "import cookies" function for the
    > InternetExplorer (6.0)?
    >
    > Peter

Cookie Microsoft Windows XP