screen saver - password protected - XP SP2

ycreen saver doesn't seem to start sometimes and i can't see any pattern to
the fault.

I've set the delat between scrteen saver and password to zero, but that
doesn't seem to help.

I've seen lots of questions about this but no solutions being
posted....anyone found a fix for this?

PaulD

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326719
Screen Saver May Not Start in Windows XP

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#ss
Troubleshooting Screen Saver Issues in XP

Posting from another user by the name of David:
�I figured out what the problem is. It's the Microsoft Wireless Mouse. If I switch
the mouse to one with a tail the screensaver works.�
then David posted again
�I got a fix. I changed to connection to the computer using the USB to PS2 adapter
that came with the mouse. Now I get the screensaver. I would be interested to find
out why this works.�