Super Hero miniature games

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.misc (More info?)

Apart from SuperSystem and Heroclix, what other super hero miniatures
games are there? I would prefer one that allows players to make their
own characters.

Michael

Michael Edwards <mtbedwards@rogers.com> writes:
> Apart from SuperSystem and Heroclix, what other super hero miniatures
> games are there? I would prefer one that allows players to make their
> own characters.

I've always felt Champions was a miniatures game disguised
as an RPG :). Its sort of the SFB of the super hero world.

Although the best I've found that meets your criteria and
has the highest fun/work/ptime ratio is SuperSystem (which
you obviously already know about).

Dave.

David K. Lewis wrote:
> Michael Edwards <mtbedwards@rogers.com> writes:
>
>>Apart from SuperSystem and Heroclix, what other super hero miniatures
>>games are there? I would prefer one that allows players to make their
>>own characters.
>

> I've always felt Champions was a miniatures game disguised
> as an RPG :). Its sort of the SFB of the super hero world.
>
> Although the best I've found that meets your criteria and
> has the highest fun/work/ptime ratio is SuperSystem (which
> you obviously already know about).
>
> Dave.

I'll have to check out Champions. Although I have, and enjoy,
SuperSystem I was interested to see what else was out there.

Michael

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.misc (More info?)

I've played supers using animouche in the past.
It's obviously intended for anime games but these are pretty much super
heroes.

Feng Shui is another interesting system.
Partly because the emphasis is on getting on with the action.
You would definitely need a ref though.

Terrain is the thing always put me off supers when I thought about a project
in the past.

--
Regards,
Andy O'Neill