Sign in with
Your question

Lg Bl20 firmware problem

Last response: in Other Consumer Electronics
April 24, 2010 4:45:56 PM

Hello together

I just bought a LG Bl20 new chocolate cellphone. I was quite happy with it except for some little glitches but then I did something extremely stupid.

I installed the LG software suit and let it install a firmware upgrade. Luckily I saved all my contacts before doing so.
Now with the new firmware my cellphone is quite messed up. More then half of the applications on the menu don't work anymore.

I can still use the cellphone but I would really prefer to find a way to reset the Firmware to the one it had before (I think it was the firmware of the release).

Could someone here help me do that? I know quite a lot about Pc's and hardware but cellphones are a new world to me and I dont know what to do. I would like to just delete everything on the phone and "reinstall" it like I would do with windows but I think that doesn't work.

Google couldn't help me so I ask you to help me please.

Kind regards Erdinger

More about : bl20 firmware problem

Anonymous
April 25, 2010 8:47:57 AM

There should be a simple way to update the firmware via a USB cable (presumably you did this before). In theory you should be able to go to the LG site and see if there is a list of firmware versions and update the phone to the older version.

However, I have tried using LG's sites for other things and was less than impressed. You may be better off speaking to your Cellphone company (if they supply or supplied this model of phone).
April 25, 2010 9:27:58 AM

Thank you for the answer.

The LG website can't really help me. I read about restoring factory defaults, will this also restore the firmware to the original firmware?
Related resources
Anonymous
April 25, 2010 5:50:06 PM

Probably not, restore is meant to over-ride user settings. Talk to cellphone company.
Anonymous
May 10, 2010 1:34:22 PM

hey, iwhenever i recieve a message it doesnt show/notify me it shows a small message sign on the top of the homescreen..
any help?
May 10, 2010 2:50:11 PM

Ehm no sorry no idea:)  nice that you found my thread but next time create your own. Thank you

By the way I contacted LG twice and they told me to send the phone back to the manufacturer if I want to have the old firmware. Since flashing the phone violates the warranty I think that they cant help me.

I got used to all the senseless junk in my menu and just live with it
Anonymous
May 10, 2010 7:40:37 PM

I was not impressed by my LG phone -- the battery life seemed ridiculously poor for such a basic model. When the battery finally died it seemed to be priced at around twice what the phone originally cost.

I was given a similarly basic secondhand Nokia and the battery life is way better (and if I ever need to replace it costs less than half the price of an LG battery).

I suspect that Nokia batteries are cheaper because they use a small range of types across their range of phones -- LG seem to have a different battery for every model (which also makes them hard to find).

The idiocy of technology firms continues to confound me.
May 10, 2010 9:15:41 PM

battery life in nearly all modern cell phones is something horrible.

I actually want my cellphone to last 1 week with 1 charge like the real old phones did.

Just produce a Phone with a double sized battery! and cut away all the other junk I dont need.

Sorry about editing your posts slightly but we're on a drive against swearing, scatalogical references etc -- they get the forum banned from schools. Mod.
!