I AM having Lord of the rings instalation problems please ..

when I try to install the game I get the massage..............canot get
address of DirectXSetupGetVersion and then m_DirectXSetupGetVersion is NULL
what does this meen and can ANYONE please help me :(
3 answers Last reply
More about lord rings instalation problems

    Hi,

    "painaid" <painaid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:825528EE-4687-48DD-A8D4-B08823B30F9C@microsoft.com...
    | when I try to install the game I get the massage..............canot get
    | address of DirectXSetupGetVersion and then m_DirectXSetupGetVersion is NULL
    | what does this meen and can ANYONE please help me :(

    I recommend that you update DirectX
    from: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Jimmy S." wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > "painaid" <painaid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:825528EE-4687-48DD-A8D4-B08823B30F9C@microsoft.com...
    > | when I try to install the game I get the massage..............canot get
    > | address of DirectXSetupGetVersion and then m_DirectXSetupGetVersion is NULL
    > | what does this meen and can ANYONE please help me :(
    >
    > I recommend that you update DirectX
    > from: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
    >I have the latest version of direct X I also saw your post on a diff site a few dayes ago anyway I tryed your suggestion and I am a noob with compters so I dont know how to make my computer read the dll. files any assistance would be appreated

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hi,

    "painaid" <painaid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EE73368-6381-43EB-B790-815153692035@microsoft.com...

    | "Jimmy S." wrote:
    |
    | > Hi,
    | >
    | > "painaid" <painaid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:825528EE-4687-48DD-A8D4-B08823B30F9C@microsoft.com...
    | > | when I try to install the game I get the massage..............canot get
    | > | address of DirectXSetupGetVersion and then m_DirectXSetupGetVersion is NULL
    | > | what does this meen and can ANYONE please help me :(
    | >
    | > I recommend that you update DirectX
    | > from: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx
    | >
    | > --
    | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    | >
    | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    | > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
    | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
    | >I have the latest version of direct X I also saw your post on a diff site a few dayes ago anyway I tryed your suggestion and I
    am a noob with compters so I dont know how to make my computer read the dll. files any assistance would be appreated

    What happens when you download and attempt to install the latest DX?

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Games Microsoft Video Games