Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

USB sound cards, speech recognition, and CPU overhead?

Tags:
  • Speech Recognition
  • USB
  • Sound Cards
  • Windows XP
July 22, 2005 11:40:23 PM

Just in case anybody knows.

Do Sound Blaster USB external sound cards work well
with speech recognition? (NaturallySpeaking).

Is there more CPU processing overhead due to the fact that the data
stream comes into the computer through the USB port instead of
through a PCI slot on the mainboard?

Thank you.

--
specifically, I'm talking about these SoundBlaster models
70SB049000000

More about : usb sound cards speech recognition cpu overhead

Anonymous
July 22, 2005 11:40:24 PM

Can't speak to compatibility with NSpeaking, but I use a
Audigy NX external at 96 KHz Sample Rate @ 24-Bit &
have no issues. However, the Composite USB device
does reserve 45-60% of the USB bandwidth on it's channel.
So, you'd want to avoid installing it with other heavy BW
devices on the same USB controller.