Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows 7 Installation RAID

Last response: in Windows 7
September 26, 2012 5:13:41 PM

I am trying to install Windows 7 from a flash drive onto a computer which has its hard drives in RAID configuration. When I run setup, and get to the part where it asks "Where do you want to install Windows?", there are no drives listed, because of the RAID configuration. I researched this some before getting stuck, and apparently I need to click the Load Drivers option and have "2008 R2 RAID drivers" somewhere accessible. The problem is I don't know where to get these drivers, nor what to do once I get them; my guess would be to have these drivers on another flash drive, and then the setup can handle it from there.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
September 26, 2012 5:19:45 PM

first, where is the RAID controller - on-board or a card? Either way, you need the drivers for that RAID controller. Get them from the manufacturers website.
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
September 26, 2012 5:22:22 PM

^+1 Get the drivers from the raid controller website - either MB. or separate card. Once you get the drivers, put them on another flash drive, and you can point windows to the flash drive when you install the drivers.
m
l
Related resources
September 26, 2012 5:34:50 PM

wow I should have thought of that...

Thanks! I meant to include that I'm installing onto a Dell Poweredge 2850, if that matters, but I think I can finish it from here

Thanks again!
m
l
September 26, 2012 5:44:31 PM

Best answer selected by everett980.
m
l
!