My maxtor one touch does not work with windows 7

tiffanyrb

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
I recently got a new hard drive that is now windows 7, before I had windows XP. I only just transferred the usb cable and now every time i tried to back up or save a file to the Maxtor one touch 4 plus, it gave a warning window that said it couldn't perform the function because the disk was damaged or corrupted. I have also checked the drive for any errors by scanning it for any problems but nothing has come up. I just now uninstalled the driver in case I could reinstall it but that is not working because its not recognizing that it was uninstalled. Please help me find another software for this. I also looked online for the software and the Seagate company offers this software for free however, it is only compatible with the Mac OS X systems and not for any windows systems.

Hagar999

Reputable
Aug 19, 2014
I have a Maxtor Onetouch 4 750gb and am using Windows 7. When I boot up my PC I find that the drive's front light remains constantly on and the drive is unrecognised, but I have found a workaround for this. Unplug the USB cable and the power cable, plug the power cable back in first, then the USB cable and Windows 7 interrogates the freshly connected USB item and finds the drive, which now works perfectly.