All programs window on start menu

Bruce

How do I move or resize this window?. I have so many programs that I cannot
see them all properly.

With the Classic Start Menu, both of these need to be UNChecked.
XP Start Menu doesn't have ? Use Personalized Menus option.

XP Start Menu >>
Right click the Start button | Properties |
Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
Scroll down to and UNCheck:
? Scroll Programs * |
OK | Apply | OK

Classic Start Menu >>
Right click the Start button | Properties |
Start Menu tab | Customize button |
Scroll down to and UNCheck both of these:
? Scroll Programs * |
? Use Personalized Menus **
OK | Apply | OK

[*Specifies whether to display the items on the Programs menu as one long
scrolling menu or as horizontal pages. Depending on your screen resolution,
if you have more than 29 or 38 programs installed, and you select to have
one long scrolling menu, you can access the programs you don’t see
by clicking the arrow at each end of the list of programs.]

[**Specifies whether to turn on Personalized Menus.
Personalized Menus keeps the Programs menu clean by hiding items you haven't
used recently, while still keeping other programs easily accessible. You
can gain access to hidden programs by clicking the down arrow at the bottom
of the Programs menu.]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:5F6F0C6F-38F1-4CE5-8534-D30A1C4B7107@microsoft.com,
Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> How do I move or resize this window?. I have so many programs that I
> cannot see them all properly.

map

Bruce wrote:
> How do I move or resize this window?. I have so many programs that I
> cannot see them all properly.

Hi,
Right click on start and select "explore all users" in the next window that
comes up,open the "programs folder", this is the folder that displays all
programs,create new folders here and give them a name, then drag like
programs into these folders something like "games" or "spyware tools"
This will replace the individual icons with a folder that will expand when
you click on it and show all icons within that folder, I didn't get much
sleep today I hope I explaned this well enough?

--
Mike Pawlak

Bruce

Yes, thanks very much. One small point; both you and another person
'TaurArian' said uncheck scrolling. It was already unchecked but when I
checked it the result cleared my problem. Perhaps I am stupid and don't
understand the meaning of uncheck.

I am a little confused with the new interface to this MS discussion group.
Is there some way to copy replies without copying the whole window?

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> With the Classic Start Menu, both of these need to be UNChecked.
> XP Start Menu doesn't have Â? Use Personalized Menus option.
>
> XP Start Menu >>
> Right click the Start button | Properties |
> Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
> Scroll down to and UNCheck:
> Â? Scroll Programs * |
> OK | Apply | OK
>
> Classic Start Menu >>
> Right click the Start button | Properties |
> Start Menu tab | Customize button |
> Scroll down to and UNCheck both of these:
> Â? Scroll Programs * |
> Â? Use Personalized Menus **
> OK | Apply | OK
>
> [*Specifies whether to display the items on the Programs menu as one long
> scrolling menu or as horizontal pages. Depending on your screen resolution,
> if you have more than 29 or 38 programs installed, and you select to have
> one long scrolling menu, you can access the programs you don’t see
> by clicking the arrow at each end of the list of programs.]
>
> [**Specifies whether to turn on Personalized Menus.
> Personalized Menus keeps the Programs menu clean by hiding items you haven't
> used recently, while still keeping other programs easily accessible. You
> can gain access to hidden programs by clicking the down arrow at the bottom
> of the Programs menu.]
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:5F6F0C6F-38F1-4CE5-8534-D30A1C4B7107@microsoft.com,
> Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > How do I move or resize this window?. I have so many programs that I
> > cannot see them all properly.

Right click Start button
Select Explore and/or Explore All Users.
Then open the Programs folder.
Create new subfolders then rearrange shortcuts.
OR
You can also configure your programs list to scroll which results in one large
column.
Right-click the Start button
Go to Properties
Click the Customize button.
Click the Advanced tab.
Scroll through the list until you see the item "Scroll Programs".
Check that and hit OK.

"Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I move or resize this window?. I have so many programs that I cannot
> see them all properly.

That's because you didn't say what your problem was. So perhaps you are stupid.

"Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75E41B93-53DC-4322-8DF0-EE02ED6F28B9@microsoft.com...
> Yes, thanks very much. One small point; both you and another person
> 'TaurArian' said uncheck scrolling. It was already unchecked but when I
> checked it the result cleared my problem. Perhaps I am stupid and don't
> understand the meaning of uncheck.
>
> I am a little confused with the new interface to this MS discussion group.
> Is there some way to copy replies without copying the whole window?
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> With the Classic Start Menu, both of these need to be UNChecked.
>> XP Start Menu doesn't have  Use Personalized Menus option.
>>
>> XP Start Menu >>
>> Right click the Start button | Properties |
>> Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
>> Scroll down to and UNCheck:
>>  Scroll Programs * |
>> OK | Apply | OK
>>
>> Classic Start Menu >>
>> Right click the Start button | Properties |
>> Start Menu tab | Customize button |
>> Scroll down to and UNCheck both of these:
>>  Scroll Programs * |
>>  Use Personalized Menus **
>> OK | Apply | OK
>>
>> [*Specifies whether to display the items on the Programs menu as one long
>> scrolling menu or as horizontal pages. Depending on your screen resolution,
>> if you have more than 29 or 38 programs installed, and you select to have
>> one long scrolling menu, you can access the programs you don’t see
>> by clicking the arrow at each end of the list of programs.]
>>
>> [**Specifies whether to turn on Personalized Menus.
>> Personalized Menus keeps the Programs menu clean by hiding items you haven't
>> used recently, while still keeping other programs easily accessible. You
>> can gain access to hidden programs by clicking the down arrow at the bottom
>> of the Programs menu.]
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:5F6F0C6F-38F1-4CE5-8534-D30A1C4B7107@microsoft.com,
>> Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>> > How do I move or resize this window?. I have so many programs that I
>> > cannot see them all properly.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/setup.asp
Follow these steps to access Windows XP newsgroups using Outlook® Express.

PS, I actually said