Mice: Lachesis vs G9 vs G5- Please Help!

UltimaSlayerVII

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
Hi, so I'm looking for a good gaming mouse mainly for hardcore fps gaming to go along with my new 1337 rig. I've narrowed it down to 3 choices. Also, I dont really know what DPI is, so I have no idea how it affects these mice... an explanation would be great though.

Razer Lachesis- This mouse has a cool design, and has 4000 dpi which is apparently amazing. Many people complain about it though, and it doesent look particularly comfortable to be honest.

Logitech G9- This is the one I like the most. Has 3.2k dpi, the 2nd highest, and has a good design. Also, it is apparently very comfortable. However, it looks HUGE, and pretty ugly, so I'm not too sure about this.

Logitech G5- This is older, and 2k dpi, but it looks like the most comfortable and reliable of the bunch. Also, has a simple design which could be hit or miss.

Also, concerning DPI. I've been hardcore PC gaming on a crappy HP PC with a standard HP $2 optical laser mouse... and I've been great in fps games,with KDRs 2.0 and above. I'm guessing this mouse has very low DPI. But what exactly is DPI and why is having high DPI such a good thing? I'm guessing my mouse has very low DPI, because it's starting to feel pretty slow watching some fps gameplay vids of people with gaming mice.

Anyway, which of these mice is best, and why? Or do you think there is a mouse even better than all of these?

Thanks.

Edit: Just a side question if anyone knows... the general consensus is the G15 keyboard is the best gaming keyboard... but is there one that is even better? Thanks again.

I have a G15/G9 and love the combo. I think it's about the perfect gaming setup. It is a matter of personal opinion though.

Oh, and high DPI just means that you can have the mouse set to an extremely high sensitivity and not lose the fine resolution. So, you can have it set to go all the way across the screen with a flick of the wrist, and yet still have pixel-accurate positioning.

UltimaSlayerVII

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008

So the more dpi the better?

I too wanted the g15/g9 combo, its just that Im getting 3.0+ kdrs in fps games with my 2003 $2 HP mouse and the DPI really sucks I'm guessing... you think I can get used to 3.2k dpi?

The more dpi the better, yes, though after a point, more isn't that necessary (IMHO, the G9 is already past that point). The other features the G9 has are nice too though - I love the weighted scroll wheel, the software, and the general feel of the mouse. Keep in mind that you can always set the sensitivity to whatever level you want. You don't need to run it extremely twitchy all the time.

UltimaSlayerVII

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008

You dont think its too big/uncomfortable positioning of side buttons? I've heard that on the reviews.

That's a problem, because this mouse is quite small. I'm fine if its big, but not huge, because my hands are far from big (14 years old)

It isn't too big - I find it quite comfortable. If you have really small hands, it could be a problem, but I like it a lot. It may take a bit of getting used to, but once you've used it for a while, it'll be impossible to go back to anything else.