I'm trying to learn how to delet url's. MS support offers no help.My library
requires a larger bookcaseLooking for some direction to research this
problem.Already did a C: drive format and losded a new operating system.Got
too much data to scarfice now. If I can enter the web search address in the
field box ,Why cant I delete it? deleted cookies and fles. cleared the
history folder but the corruption is still there I run XP pro w/IE6.0
Accepting any and all suggestions.
--
cyber fool

To remove an AutoComplete entry from a Web form, highlight the item in the
AutoComplete dropdown and press the Delete key.

To remove all Web form AutoComplete entries, go to the Internet Explorer
Tools menu, select Internet Options, Content, AutoComplete, then press the
"Clear Forms" button.

From IE Help...

To delete Autocomplete entries from the Address bar list

[[The AutoComplete feature saves previous entries you've made for Web
addresses, forms, and passwords. To delete entries from the Address bar, you
must clear your History folder. You cannot clear individual entries from the
list of saved entries.

1. On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options.
2. Click the General tab.
3. Under History, click Clear History.

Notes
When typing information in Web forms, and typing passwords, you can remove
an item from the list of suggestions by clicking the item and then pressing
the DELETE key. ]]

Or.......

Clear IE History, AutoComplete, Clear the TIF, Clear the Run MRU, Typed
URL's and Clear List:

XP Start Menu:
You have to switch to Classic long enough to get the Clear button.
Right click the Start button | Properties | Select Classic Start Menu |
Customize button | Clear button | Click OK | Select Start menu | Click Apply
|Click OK

Classic Start Menu:
Right click the Start button | Properties | Customize button | Clear button

Clear button
[[Removes the list of recently accessed documents, programs, and Web sites
from the Documents menu.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:FE8FF75D-F839-4DC2-8073-E79870776B22@microsoft.com,
trl <trl@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I'm trying to learn how to delet url's. MS support offers no help.My
> library requires a larger bookcaseLooking for some direction to research
> this problem.Already did a C: drive format and losded a new operating
> system.Got too much data to scarfice now. If I can enter the web search
> address in the field box ,Why cant I delete it? deleted cookies and fles.
> cleared the history folder but the corruption is still there I run XP pro
> w/IE6.0 Accepting any and all suggestions.
> --
> cyber fool

System Security Suite (3S) is a program designed to remove internet tracks
and junk files from your computer. It allows you to delete Cookies,
clear Internet Explorer Cache, delete index.dat Files, clear Typed URLs,
Windows Temp Folder and much more.
http://www.igorshpak.net/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"trl" wrote:

| I'm trying to learn how to delet url's. MS support offers no help.My library
| requires a larger bookcaseLooking for some direction to research this
| problem.Already did a C: drive format and losded a new operating system.Got
| too much data to scarfice now. If I can enter the web search address in the
| field box ,Why cant I delete it? deleted cookies and fles. cleared the
| history folder but the corruption is still there I run XP pro w/IE6.0
| Accepting any and all suggestions.
| --
| cyber fool

The MS antispyware beta also has a "tracks eraser" that will do this as
well.

Bill Hubbard