Your question

Samsung T240

Tags:
  • Flat Panel Monitors
  • Samsung
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 7, 2008 4:28:42 AM

So I will probably be getting the Samesung t240 within the next couple of days and and was wondering if anyone who has one could please post there thoughts on it. Thanks.

More about : samsung t240

October 7, 2008 4:46:41 AM

Since it wouldn't let me edit, if size is a problem what are peoples thoughts on the t220?
October 7, 2008 7:58:41 AM

I have had the t260 since wed of this past week and still trying to get my full thoughts on the monitor. So far I really like it and it plays blue ray quite well. I have had 0 problems with it but will give a better opinion in a week or so.
Related resources
October 26, 2008 10:40:37 PM

desertfox31 said:
Since it wouldn't let me edit, if size is a problem what are peoples thoughts on the t220?

well I don't have the 240 but I do have the 220 and I say it's pretty darn good. Like I've mentioned on the other post, my only peeve about this monitor is that the power button isn't sensitive enough so sometimes I have to touch it a few times to power on and if your'e gaming in your room with the lights off late at night you won't be able to see where the power button is (assuming your monitor is off).
April 24, 2009 1:24:14 PM

I have a Samsung T240 LCD monitor, that I puchased in Oct 2008. I was quite happy with the performance until about 2 months ago. Picture quality is great. Using the side adjustment buttons is a bit akward. But I believe a major problem with the Samsung Monitor. I have two Users in my PC. When I use my primary/administrator user, I rarely notice any problems. But when the second user uses the PC I have a problem. When the 2nd user turns off the monitor (touch button), the monitor does not turn on when the power is turned on again. The screen is black. When this happens (black screen), the monitor shows that there is a connection to the PC (litte window, DHMI, Digital, Analog) shows up, but nothing else.
The Monitor side buttons (menu etc,,) do not work either. The only way to get back to my screen is to reboot the computer.
The display setting is set to recommended 1920x1200 resulation, and I used the DVI cable.
Dell was remote connected to my computer and could not see the problem on their end. To them the screen display was normal.
I called Samsung and they sent me a new T260 LCD monitor. Guess what the problem showed up again.
When I connected another 19" NEC LCD monitor, i did not have this problem.
I deleted the second user and re-created. The problem comes back. The same problem occurs with the guest user.
I have checked all the settings, they are the same for the primary user and the other users.
when the 2nd user is logged on, if I press the source button (on the side of the monitor) the screen goes black and cannot get the display anymore. I have to reboot the computer.
I am at a loss, and i have not found anybody else that has this problem.
April 24, 2009 4:33:59 PM

Desertfox31,

You can actually get on amazon.com and get the T260HD for $349 right now, which I think is a better price than the T240. Not sure if you want the extra size or the TV tuner card but just thought I would let you know.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Touch-T260HD-25-5-Inch-Mo...
October 16, 2009 2:31:54 PM

CostasCa said:
I have a Samsung T240 LCD monitor, that I puchased in Oct 2008. I was quite happy with the performance until about 2 months ago. Picture quality is great. Using the side adjustment buttons is a bit akward. But I believe a major problem with the Samsung Monitor. I have two Users in my PC. When I use my primary/administrator user, I rarely notice any problems. But when the second user uses the PC I have a problem. When the 2nd user turns off the monitor (touch button), the monitor does not turn on when the power is turned on again. The screen is black. When this happens (black screen), the monitor shows that there is a connection to the PC (litte window, DHMI, Digital, Analog) shows up, but nothing else.
The Monitor side buttons (menu etc,,) do not work either. The only way to get back to my screen is to reboot the computer.
The display setting is set to recommended 1920x1200 resulation, and I used the DVI cable.
Dell was remote connected to my computer and could not see the problem on their end. To them the screen display was normal.
I called Samsung and they sent me a new T260 LCD monitor. Guess what the problem showed up again.
I deleted the second user and re-created. The problem comes back. The same problem occurs with the guest user.
I have checked all the settings, they are the same for the primary user and the other users.
when the 2nd user is logged on, if I press the source button (on the side of the monitor) the screen goes black and cannot get the display anymore. I have to reboot the computer.

I started having this problem and it occurs randomly. Sometimes when I boot the computer and other times when it goes into suspend state, the monitor shows there is a signal, but I only get a black screen. I have to unplug the connectors from video card and it goes away. Going to call Samsung.
November 17, 2009 4:44:20 PM

cadamson said:
I started having this problem and it occurs randomly. Sometimes when I boot the computer and other times when it goes into suspend state, the monitor shows there is a signal, but I only get a black screen. I have to unplug the connectors from video card and it goes away. Going to call Samsung.

I also have this problem. However it is not random but regular.
November 17, 2009 4:57:08 PM

CostasCa said:

In my case the problem is independent on different user accounts. User accounts imply a SW problem but in my experience this is a HW problem in the monitor.
November 17, 2009 5:01:16 PM

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:

1) monitor turned on, computer turned on, desktop resolution 1920 x 1200, everything OK

2) turn the monitor OFF by pressing the button the the monitor (touch button)

3) turn the monitor ON (it does not matter when)

4) PROBLEM -> I have black screen! There is no picture displayed!

After a while the monitor eventually goes into STANDBY MODE, what is indication to me that the monitor thinks that the graphic adapter does not feed it with any signal.

TEMPORARY SOLUTION:

The fact that the monitor goes into standby mode, the mode normally entered when the computer is turned off (i.e. when graphic adapter is off), tells me that the problem seems to be SYNCHRONIZATION of the monitor with the graphic adapter.

Therefore after experimenting I have noticed that if I put the graphic ADAPTER itself into the standby mode (i.e. "Power Options Properties" window in "Display Properties" in Windows XP) to turn off the adapter after a couple of minutes of INACTIVITY the monitor will synchronize when the adapter is turned on again (e.g. by moving the mouse or pressing a key on the keyboard).

IMPORTANT: in this case the monitor has to be turned on FIRST i.e. BEFORE the adapter is woken up by moving the mouse.

TEMPORARY SOLUTION 2:

The problem with temporary solution 1 is that we have to wait (long) in order for the adapter to turn off by the Windows so that we can turn the monitor on again.

One might consider changing the inactivity interval. However changing the time interval (e.g. to one minute) might be unacceptable (in that case if we for example read a document and do not move the mouse for a minute the monitor goes off frequently).

Therefore in this solution one might install an application (widget) that turns off the adapter by command from the keyboard (instead automatically by the inactivity from user as in the previous solution).

There is one such little, tiny application. It is called "Monitor Standby" by Gustavo Ruiz Bo. It is a WIDGET for Yahoo Widgets.

Just Gooogle:

Monitor Standby Yahoo Widgets

TEST SYSTEM:

- WinXP Pro (with SP3)
- ATI RADEON X850XT
- connection with DVI-D cable

PS: I have noticed that the problem does NOT exist when the Windows XP starts up (i.e. when the initial start up screen is visible). In that case one can turn off and turn on the monitor without the problem.
November 17, 2009 9:40:06 PM

I had to send mine to Samsung for repair. Unfortunately it got cosmetically damaged on the way back in shipping, and Samsung is saying they are going to replace it with a brand new one.
February 20, 2010 1:02:00 AM

I just recently sent my T260 in for service. 2/12/10

Here's what my Monitor was doing after 8 months from purchase, this started.
While Playing a game or surfing the web or using Indesign the monitor would black out / power off then cycle on, showing the Samsung logo, then going to the DVI Connection logo then the screen would come back on. It could /would do this 1, 2 , 3 times in a row. Then it would be good for a day or week...
I have a battey backup that it was plugged into, I switched it to the outlet from the wall, same issue. I also have another circuit for the lights in the room and ran an addtional outlet from them just to test the power, same issue. I sent my Monitor in for repair to Samsung's authorized service center: "Far East Service" 350 Gotham Parkway Carlstadt, NJ 07072-2410
(201) 355-2126
I sent them 3 Pages of Testing notes, my system specs and the convo with the samsung tech rep who said they never heard of this before and to send it it for repair.

I sent the monitor in the Orignal shipping box very carefully packed BTW, I get it back in a "Refurb" box with the base plate rubbing the back of the monitor from shipping and have an awesome scuff mark now. :pfff:  The packaging was very poor - So after plugging in my monitor, 1 hour 45 min later it did it again...I'm sent Samsung a nice email along with some poor feedback... I'm very unhappy with the whole experience. I'm waiting to see if it continues and will be filing another repair ticket. I love Samsung Products I feel the make Good stuff at a great price point, but this has put the breaks on any future purchases.
The Monitor was operated (for testing) with No Screen Saver, No Power Saving Schemes, at 1920x1200 Native Res.
Operating system: Windows 7 64 bit. ALL DRIVERS ARE up to date. - I consider my PC knowledge 8/10
I also ran it with Vista and had the same problems.
This is not a power supply or video card issue as I ran my Samsung 22" as a test monitor with absolutly no issues.
Also The Monitor is getting signal, it just simply powers off and on. - NOTE I was able to turn the monitor on and off from the "touch switch" 1/4" sometimes 3/8" away from the actual panel without touching the monitor. It's a stupid feature, if they wanted a smooth look they could have just placed the button on the underside.

I paid $400. for this and a year later I get a repair with the same issue and nice scuff mark on the back... Awesome Samsung! your earning my trust for the 58" TV.. Sony's Looking alot better! and LG for the Wash/Dryer... oh and that Samsung Fridge, I'll can that one too... Plus I plan I stepping on my D__N samsung Flip Shot phone...

This Kind of stuff pisses me off! :fou: 
IF I get resolve I will be back to preach, for now it's a waiting game. - Yeah for Warranty Work!
April 15, 2010 1:35:09 AM

This problem with the T240 (t240M or T240 HD depending on the coutry) monitor on Windows 7 and maybe on Vista
is due to Samsung´s driver witch is not updated to Win 7. You will have to lower your video
resolution to 1600X1024 (higher resolution accepted) be able to use your monitor. Unfortunately it will not work on Full HD mode on Win 7,
until Samsung releases an updated driver for win7.
I had the exact same problem here and found this information together with the samsung people.
As yet they have no idea when the needed update will be available. Hope soon, till then no Full HD resolution for us.
Cheers from Brazil

!