Unable to uninstall software

Since installing Acrobat 7.0 Reader, I have been unable to use Acrobat
Standard 6.0.1 Writer. I tried unsuccessfully to Uninstall Acrobat Standard
6.0.1 from the Control Panel so that I could reinstall it from my original
CD. I also tried to delete the folder from my program file. This was also
unsuccessful.. The error message said I had a file sharing violation even
though no other programs wer open.

Any suggestions for deleting Acrobat Standard 6.0.1 other than what I've
tried? I will then try reinstalling my original Acrobat Standard 6.0.1
again.

Thanks

Paul R.

Delete the Acrobat Reader, then the Writer. Then re-install the Writer and
leave the Reader alone (I use the free Foxit PDF Reader).

"Paul Renfree" wrote:

> Since installing Acrobat 7.0 Reader, I have been unable to use Acrobat
> Standard 6.0.1 Writer. I tried unsuccessfully to Uninstall Acrobat Standard
> 6.0.1 from the Control Panel so that I could reinstall it from my original
> CD. I also tried to delete the folder from my program file. This was also
> unsuccessful.. The error message said I had a file sharing violation even
> though no other programs wer open.
>
> Any suggestions for deleting Acrobat Standard 6.0.1 other than what I've
> tried? I will then try reinstalling my original Acrobat Standard 6.0.1
> again.
>
> Thanks
>

> Paul R.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Paul Renfree wrote:

> Since installing Acrobat 7.0 Reader, I have been unable to use Acrobat
> Standard 6.0.1 Writer. I tried unsuccessfully to Uninstall Acrobat Standard
> 6.0.1 from the Control Panel so that I could reinstall it from my original
> CD. I also tried to delete the folder from my program file. This was also
> unsuccessful.. The error message said I had a file sharing violation even
> though no other programs wer open.
>
> Any suggestions for deleting Acrobat Standard 6.0.1 other than what I've
> tried? I will then try reinstalling my original Acrobat Standard 6.0.1
> again.
>
> Thanks
>

> Paul R.

Contact Adobe tech support.