scwam

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2004
In setting of sata raid 0 wouldn't it be better to just install any apps on a separate partition istead of the OS partition? What about swap/temp files as well?

Also, is it possible to have 1 partion only on 1 of these 2 disks for installing XP-64? I'm not able to install this OS in raid 0 because the controller won't support it. So, can you leave one partion open on one drive as a non-raid for xp-64?
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by scwam on 04/25/05 08:39 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No. Your controller has no boot BIOS?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

scwam

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2004
The bios is enabled. Its just that the viakt800pro raid control driver kick out and error upon F6=> driver selection => press enter = "oem.txt error f650dmdu, blah blah" under beta xp-64. Other people have had this problem with this driver and this chipset. But what I've found is that some people had to slipstream some language in. This is beyond me. I just overlooked that I can have a simple partition for the new os instead of striping it now. I'm just going to try to add an unallocate space in the same space on each disk for future 64 raid installation. I intend to install it now on sata 0 and there will be the unallocated space of the same size/location on sata 2. Hopefully, I will be able to stripe this once the driver works right.