Aprox when: 24" H-IPS LED LCD w/6ms Black to White Response for ~$800?

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
Aprox when should we expect to see a high quality 24" *LED* LCD display with an H-IPS panel and a fast response time for gaming, like 6ms Black to white (not G2G), on the market and available for around ~$800-ish. Is this months away, or years away? Any ideas on when this might be a possibility?

Years.

A 24" TN panel monitor with LED backlighting sells for $800.

The cheapest, good quality 24" H-IPS LCD costs $650. Tack on LED (and considering the price difference with TN panels) to it and the price will probably jump to $1000+. LED is a premium feature with a premium price.

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
Well keep in mind Apple charges QUITE the premium, and they just released a 24" LED LCD with an S-PVA panel for $899... and that's apple. Leading me to believe a Samsung or NEC 24" LED LCD with an S-PVA when released could cost a few hundred under that... ?

Also a big thing is response time though. I am a video/graphics professional that also happens to love gaming... are there are any H-IPS panels out there with fast response times like 6ms suitable for gaming/3D shooters/racing?

Well, you asked about IPS monitors with LED backlighting, not VA panels. I'll stick with my original estimate of at least $1,500 especially when NEC's current LCD2490WUXi with an IPS costs $1,100.

NEC LCD2490WUXi

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001

Sick. Well at $1100 it's nearly 2 years old now. Has there been any news of an H-IPS + LED update of this, and maybe even with a tad faster response (14ms BW and 6ms G to G)? I think it would be worth the premium...