Stop c000021a fatal system error windows xp

kimmers

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Hello,
I am getting this error with a status of 0xv0000005, the system just shuts down. I can't get to the bios or anything it just displays this message upon booting up. Any idea?

Petetech888

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
c000021a error occurs due to the corruption or any kind of issue with the winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe. This error comes when you boot up your PC or shutdown your PC. Reasons responsible for this error are that there is failed service pack installation, malware function, and identification of mismatched system files on your PC. To fix c000021a error one should first uninstall a service pack, device driver or any third party application. Other than this the simple solution is cleaning your registry files. You can also go for professional application for cleaning registry files. with the use of these steps you can easily fix c000021a error.
:bounce: :bounce:

(Also to aford10)
Hi, I was wondering, I have an issue with a c000021a error when rebooting after a clean install of XP Home on a Dell Dimension 9100 Series PC. The system shuts down with this BSOD message which requires a restart.
What I am doing now is using Win XP Pro to see if it is just a limitation typical with the less expensive MS OS,s and their policy to make you pay lots of money for a decent platform from which to use to install onto a system. Will keep you posted.
:sleep: SO, (finally) my questions is... when a fresh install is returning an c000021a error, and in use are the following...

1/ A non system specific Dell installation CD.
2/ A formatted HDD.
3/ An otherwise sound hardware platform.

Why would an error specific to the items below return the error c000021a?
* Mismatched system files have been installed.
* A Service Pack installation has failed.
* A backup program that is used to restore a hard disk did not correctly restore files that may have been in use.
* An incompatible third-party program has been installed.

Thanks in advance.