Status
Not open for further replies.

ToastandButter

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
Hello guys, I come with a rather difficult issue..

Ive been on a wild hunt searching for the best headphones that would be under 100$, but I have been overwhelmed with choices....Review sites seemed to make finding at good set even harder D:

Basically im looking for the following:

*Comfort: Being able to have long gaming sessions without having to stop and caress my hot and aching ears.

*Sound Quality: Can we hear Fatal1ty sneaking up on us from behind?

*Durability: Cant have them break a week after purchase.

*Microphone. This is optional.

Ive looked at the Razer Carcharias, they seem good. But, Sennheiser has a wide variety of affordable headphones too. So many options. Your input is gold.

I posted this on another website, but to no avail..Thanks in advance.

Sennheiser is quite nice. Grado is pretty good too, though they are somewhat fragile and some people find them uncomfortable. It is quite hard to beat the sound of something like the Grado SR80 though for under $100, though, so if sound quality is your first priority, that's what I would go for.. The Sennheiser HD555 is probably my second choice, and is more durable and comfortable than the grados, while still sounding great. I've also heard great things about the Denon AH-D1001, but that's a bit over your budget IIRC.

Quitoman

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
I used to have Audio Technica AD700 which were supposed to be amazing for gaming, but I used them for music and they were very nice phones for $100. I have the Sennheiser HD650's now, and my favorite budget phones are the HD565 that I bought for $60 and sound much better than Bose ComfortQuiet $300 headphones.

Ares_

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2007
While Grados are great, they are horrible for gaming. I did not like the SR60 or iGrados when i was playing CSS. For gaming AND music under $100 I would recommend either a used pair of Audio Technica M50s or AKG 240s.

Status
Not open for further replies.