strutty

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
I rarely get the option of emptying the recycle bin, and meantime I am being notified that my mailbox is 70% full and I won't be able to receive messages soon, but I delete every day. What can I do? Thanks, Evelyn

Solution
Ok, that's the problem.

When you delete an email, it doesn't go to your desktop recycle bin. It goes to a deleted items folder within outlook. Those emails are online and not locally stored on your computer.

The only thing that goes into your desktop recycle bin, are items stored locally on your PC or removable drives, that you delete.

strutty

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010

I use Outlook Express. I have tried to right click on "Empty" but it isn't highlighted, so does no good. Thanks. Evelyn

strutty

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
I have XP, and under options there isn't a way to empty the recycle bin as the illustration shows. The recycle bin is on my desktop and that is the one I'm trying to empty. It only lets me click empty once in a while and by then, since I delete every day and also delete web mail several times a week, it should be emptied oftener. I get a message that my mailbox is 70% full and there's nothing I can do about it. Thank you.

Ok, that's the problem.

When you delete an email, it doesn't go to your desktop recycle bin. It goes to a deleted items folder within outlook. Those emails are online and not locally stored on your computer.

The only thing that goes into your desktop recycle bin, are items stored locally on your PC or removable drives, that you delete.

Solution