surfsup3841

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
My display is really screwed up. I cant ever see everything no matter what res. However, when I move my mouse to the edge it also moves the screen over to that missing part. I don't know whats happened. Also, now under display props its showing multiple monitors. I only have one. Under the monitor section of device manager now there is my monitor listed and also default monitor. I try to delete that but it keeps coming back. How can I resolve this issue? Thanks

xyz

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2002
Remove all the monitors listed in the Device Manager, also uninstall the display adapter. Re-install the Display adapter's drivers and the monitor.

<font color=blue>Mubashar</font color=blue>

<b><font color=red><i>"All delays are dangerous in war."</b></font color=red></i>

gaviota

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
I think your problem is that the resolution set up for your screen is larger than the resolution supported by your monitor, so what it does is display the part that fits and then it scrolls to the remaining areas when you move your mouse to the edges of the screen.

I had a Toshiba notebook with 800x600 screen and Win98. When I set up the resolution to 1280 x 1024 it did exactly what you describe.