Start program file short cut missing

My DOS prompt is missing from the Start button->Program Menu.
Where is the .exe file of the DOS prompt?
I need to create a shortcut of it.
Thanx
3 answers Last reply
More about start program file short missing

    The shortcut you are looking for is actually under Start > Programs

    --
    http://www.americantechie.com

    "Janice" <no@mail.com> wrote in message
    > My DOS prompt is missing from the Start button->Program Menu.
    > Where is the .exe file of the DOS prompt?
    > I need to create a shortcut of it.
    > Thanx

    No, it is missing there.
    Some installation application erase the shortcut there.
    I am trying to put it back.
    Thanx for your reply.

    "Americantechie" <john(dot)fuller@nospamgmail.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
    :eFjY4txjFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > The shortcut you are looking for is actually under Start > Programs
    > >Accessories
    >
    > --
    > http://www.americantechie.com
    >
    > "Janice" <no@mail.com> wrote in message
    > > My DOS prompt is missing from the Start button->Program Menu.
    > > Where is the .exe file of the DOS prompt?
    > > I need to create a shortcut of it.
    > > Thanx

    Find cmd.exe in the following location...

    SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe

    Right click on that file and select "pin to start menu."

    Alternatively you could right click on the same file and select "send to
    desktop" which will create a shortcut on your desktop. You could then drag
    and drop that shortcut onto your start button to put it into the menu.

    Alternatively you could copy that shortcut and paste it into...
    C:\Documents and Settings\(your user name)\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories

    --

    > No, it is missing there.
    > Some installation application erase the shortcut there.
    > I am trying to put it back.
    > Thanx for your reply.
    >
    > "Americantechie" <john(dot)fuller@nospamgmail.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
    > :eFjY4txjFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    >> The shortcut you are looking for is actually under Start > Programs
    >> >Accessories
    >>
    >> --
    >> http://www.americantechie.com
    >>
    >> "Janice" <no@mail.com> wrote in message
    >> > My DOS prompt is missing from the Start button->Program Menu.
    >> > Where is the .exe file of the DOS prompt?
    >> > I need to create a shortcut of it.
    >> > Thanx

DOS Microsoft Windows XP