Start program file short cut missing

July 22, 2005 9:09:17 PM

My DOS prompt is missing from the Start button->Program Menu.
Where is the .exe file of the DOS prompt?
I need to create a shortcut of it.
Thanx
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 11:14:15 PM

The shortcut you are looking for is actually under Start > Programs

--
http://www.americantechie.com

"Janice" <no@mail.com> wrote in message
> My DOS prompt is missing from the Start button->Program Menu.
> Where is the .exe file of the DOS prompt?
> I need to create a shortcut of it.
> Thanx

July 22, 2005 11:14:16 PM

No, it is missing there.
Some installation application erase the shortcut there.
I am trying to put it back.
Thanx for your reply.

"Americantechie" <john(dot)fuller@nospamgmail.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
:eFjY4txjFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> The shortcut you are looking for is actually under Start > Programs
> >Accessories
>
> --
> http://www.americantechie.com
>
> "Janice" <no@mail.com> wrote in message
> > My DOS prompt is missing from the Start button->Program Menu.
> > Where is the .exe file of the DOS prompt?
> > I need to create a shortcut of it.
> > Thanx

Anonymous
July 22, 2005 11:28:34 PM

Find cmd.exe in the following location...

SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe

Right click on that file and select "pin to start menu."

Alternatively you could right click on the same file and select "send to
desktop" which will create a shortcut on your desktop. You could then drag
and drop that shortcut onto your start button to put it into the menu.

Alternatively you could copy that shortcut and paste it into...
C:\Documents and Settings\(your user name)\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories

--

!